Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selection Tree dissappeared - Help!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
mradamdavis
4029 Views, 8 Replies

Selection Tree dissappeared - Help!

I have mistakenly floated my "selection Tree" pane off of the viewable area in Navismanage 2013.   I have run a repair, and I have re-installed Navis, however, I cannot find my Selection Tree Pane.   I have been able to use the "Find" pane to access the tree, but I would like it back.   Any ideas on how to get it docked back in?

Thanks,

Adam

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
dennis
in reply to: mradamdavis

Is your Selection Tree actually on?  Goto View/User Interface and check.  If it is on, but "off screen somewhere", try changing you screen resolution.

Message 3 of 9
mradamdavis
in reply to: dennis

Dennis,

Thanks for the input, I do indeed have it "on" and I have changed all available resolution levels with no luck.   Just got a response from Autodesk today, it requires a "regedit" to fix.   They have no other way to "fix" this when it happens.

Adam

Message 4 of 9
dennis

Ouch, RegEdit....that is ugly.  What were you told to do?  For future reference should it happen to others...

Message 5 of 9
mradamdavis
in reply to: dennis

Dennis,

They gave me a "regedit" link for Map3D that does the same thing, however, the instructions do not correlate to Navis.  I have re-submitted the tech request.....  I will post fix after it is done.

Message 6 of 9
JeffH_ADSK

One thing to try would be resetting your Workspace. This restores all panes within Navisworks to a default layout.

To do this, go to the View section of the Ribbon, select Load Workspace and select one of the standard ones e.g. Navisworks Standard. This will reset all your UI layout, but you should find the Selection Tree is back & docked hidden on the left when activated.

Hope that helps,

Jeff

Senior Software Engineer
Navisworks
Autodesk Ltd.
Message 7 of 9
vmurugandev

press ctrl+F12 to enable hide or show the selection tree

Message 8 of 9
vmurugandev

press ctrl+F12
Message 9 of 9
Paul.Locher.SG
in reply to: JeffH_ADSK

I had a similar issue and message #6 fixed it for me.  Thanks a bunch!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report