Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit into Navisworks

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
LyleHardin
9213 Views, 6 Replies

Revit into Navisworks

We are using Navisworks 2013 (Manage and Simulate) and Revit 2013.

I'm trying to Append a Revit model into Navisworks.

It appears to process just fine, but when it's done, I see nothing in Navisworks.

I can Find and Select the Revit model with the Find tool, but it still doesn't show up even when I zoom all or zoom to selected.

I think I've tried all I can in the Options > File Readers > Revit with no difference.

My Navisworks is up to date.

What's the scoop? What do I need to do to bring in a Revit model and see it in Navisworks?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
nlarez
in reply to: LyleHardin

How did you append the Revit model into Navis?

Did you just append the .rvt or did you use the Navis Add-in(in Revit) to export out a .nwc?

I know you said you tried all the Options, but when you use the Add-in, it has Naviswork settings. One thing to watch out for is if your Revit file has links in it, in those setting, there is a check box to convert linked files. If that box is not checked then any/all linked files wont be converted.

I know I have had some issues with that before.

Message 3 of 7
nlarez
in reply to: nlarez

Also,

If your Revit model does Not have any "3D Views" in it, there is nothing for Navis to convert.

If you have multiple "3D Views", if I remember correctly,  Navis will use the first one with whatever settings that view has. Meaning, Navis will display exactly how that "3D View" looks.

What we (my coworkers and I) have found is that if we put the work "Navisworks" in the view name, that will be the view Navis will use.

Good luck. 

Message 4 of 7
LyleHardin

I tried it again with all 2014 products and it worked this time. I also added the "Navisworks" 3D view. For a while it still gave me errors, but I went into Revit, removed the attached .dwg and .pcg files and saved a couple of times.

Thanks

Message 5 of 7

In navisworks go to option, ant then use the same configuration of the screen shot below.

Regards

Message 6 of 7
chip_harris

Putting Navisworks as a name of the 3D View I wanted it to use... worked! thanks you

Message 7 of 7
LyleHardin
in reply to: LyleHardin

Having the same issues with 2018 Revit and Navisworks now.

I've found setting File Readers > Revit > to read the Navisworks view only brings in stick figures for steel and not all the concrete foundations. I have to set it to read Entire Model which kinda sucks because then I have to hid a bunch of stuff.

Has anyone else had this problem or found a setting that works for steel ?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report