Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Render multiple viewpoints

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
md7
Explorer
1732 Views, 6 Replies

Render multiple viewpoints

Using Navisworks Simulate 2011 is there any way to render out more than just 1 viewpoint at a time? I have 190 published files, each file has 12 viewpoints and each viewpoint is rendered out at 1920 x 1080 PNG format so that they can all be brought together once they are rendered to form a type of short movie showing the progress on the project. Thing is, I don't really want to sit here and render out 2280 pictures 1 at a time. That is just madness. So is there a way to render out all viewpoints?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
steven.muir
in reply to: md7

Hi, I had the same issue and found if you create a new animation in the saved viewpoints, drag all your saved views into the animation and then export your animation as if you were going to create a movie file but under the output format you can select JPEG and it will render a sequence of image files.Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 7
md7
Explorer

Your method of dragging all viewpoints into an animation sequence was a good idea, unfortunately all this does is animate the camera from 1 viewpoint to the next so when I go to render out just the image sequence, instead of it rendering only the 12 or so views that I have, it will render hundreds of frames of animation. I may be doing something wrong or there is something you did not explain but as of right now your method does not work for me.

Message 4 of 7
steven.muir

A couple of steps I might have failed to mention are:-

Right click on the animation and select edit, change the duration to the same amount of views that you have ie 12 views = 12 seconds.

Then when rendering the images out make sure that the FPS is set to 1 so you should end up with 12 images 1 per second.

This sometimes creates a couple of extra images but easily deleted.

Hope this helpsSmiley Wink

Message 5 of 7
dgorsman
in reply to: steven.muir

Nice idea - I think it bears looking into.  🙂

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 6 of 7
md7
Explorer

I will try this is soon as I am out of my meeting and will let you know how it went. Thanks a lot for your time.

Message 7 of 7
md7
Explorer

Managed to give it a shot before the meeting. It worked and just like you said there were a couple extra pictures that rendered which is not a big deal. Thanks a lot for your help on this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report