Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quantification add column TEXT

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
danielkazado
838 Views, 2 Replies

Quantification add column TEXT

Hi,

I am using TakeoffProperties.xml and TakeoffPropertyMap1.xml files to add new column to the quantification. However I can add only numeric columns. What shall be the way to add TEXT format columns to quantification. 

I am able to add Element numeric datas but can not add Text data like Family, Part Name and etc. 

Daniel Kazado

Daniel Kazado

Please use Accept as Solution if your question is answered.
You may Give Kudos if the answer is helpful.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
RobinsonG
in reply to: danielkazado

As of 1/12/2014 you appear to be correct. The Variable column of the Items Catalog appears to generate from the TableProperties.xml file. This file appears to have no option for string data.

Entries to this variable column can be made using TakeOffPropertyMap.xml - but again I've found no method of extracting string data to that entry.

"To see things in the seed, that is genius". Lao-Tzu
Message 3 of 3
RobinsonG
in reply to: danielkazado

I've been working with Thomas Schwaiger (Navis Team) on this but as of this posting has not replied or addressed the issue.

The issue / problem / lack of any documentation was also posted to the Navis API forum titled "Quantification | define a custom string entry | TakeoffProperties.xml".

Technically there is not reason you could not place a string value in the vairable field unless they (navis developers) hard wired that field to an float / int32, etc.

We just need to know how/what to define the node data type in takeoffproperties.xml.

Any changes I've made to these fields:

<UnitsGroup>weight</UnitsGroup>
      <ImperialUnits>pound</ImperialUnits>
      <MetricUnits>kilogram</MetricUnits>

spawns an error dialog.

"To see things in the seed, that is genius". Lao-Tzu

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report