Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with MHT-reports

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
SaraQ
929 Views, 3 Replies

Problems with MHT-reports

Hi!

I'm working with NavisWorks 2009.

Everything works great when I'm saving reports first as veiwpoints and then as Html. And after that I save my Html as MHT.
But...
When I try to mail or upload the MHT-files to an external server, the images disappear (cannot be read).

Can someone tell me why this happens and what I can do to make it work!?

Thanks

SaraQ
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
john.lipp
in reply to: SaraQ

Hi Sara,

When exporting a Viewpoint or Clash HTML report, the jpg images are placed in the same folder as the HTML file. In the HTML file, the images are linked by only their filename. These are relative paths to the file, and if you were to move the HTML file to another folder without the image files, the images would be missing when viewing the HTML file. So long as you keep the images and HTML files together when you move them, the HTML file will link to the images.

When you resave the HTML report to an MHT file in Internet Explorer, the relative paths to the images are changed to absolute paths in the MHT file. The paths point to exact location on your local machine. Importantly, since the paths are absolute paths to the images on your computer, these links will break one you move the MHT file to another machine, namely your server since the directory structure will be completely different.

Rather than resaving to an MHT file, I suggest uploading the images and the HTML file to your server, placing them in the same folder.
Message 3 of 4
john.lipp

Also note, there is a known defect in the 2010 version of Navisworks Manage in which the paths to the jpgs images are absolute paths in HTML reports. This will cause the same issue if you move the HTML report to another machine. Edited by: jlipp on Aug 29, 2009 2:18 AM
Message 4 of 4
SaraQ

Hi

Tanks for your reply! The thing is, that there are no problems with MHT-files created from another .nwf. I can put them anywhere! That's why I think there is something with the settings in NW.
Are you sure about saving as MTH changes the path to absolute? I rather think the pictures are inserted.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report