Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Fittings in Navisworks

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jfitz2020
2207 Views, 4 Replies

Pipe Fittings in Navisworks

Hello,

I am having a very difficult time trying to find out why I cannot see any of my pipe fittings.

The Pipe layout is being created in Revit 2013.  I am attempting to open the native Revit File with Navisworks Simulate 2013.  The Pipe runs seem fine however all of the pipe fittings ( Elbows, T's etc) do not show up correctly in Navisworks.

Can you suggest a Solution?

Thank you for your time,

Joe

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
VWD-MLM
in reply to: jfitz2020

Joe,

This is a know issue for loading the RVT antive file.  The best way (and only) to see fittings of any kind is to export to nwc out of Revit.

Mike

Michael L. Maloney
Virtual World Designs
VDC & BIM Model Design, Clash & Coordination
mike@VirtualWorldDesigns.com
BDSU 2015, 2016
Charlotte, NC ; Fort Mill, SC
Message 3 of 5
jfitz2020
in reply to: VWD-MLM

Thanks for your reply Mike.

So it is my understanding I will need to load in the NWC Exporter Utility since it has not yet been loaded on my system.

Is that correct for Revit 2013?

Thanks

Message 4 of 5
VWD-MLM
in reply to: jfitz2020

Assuming that you installed NW AFTER Revit , the nwc exporter should have been placed on the Addin Tab>External Tools>Navisworks 2013.  If you installed NW then Revit, Just do a repair/reinstall of NW, and make sure the exporter is checked, and it should take care of it.

HTH.

Mike

Michael L. Maloney
Virtual World Designs
VDC & BIM Model Design, Clash & Coordination
mike@VirtualWorldDesigns.com
BDSU 2015, 2016
Charlotte, NC ; Fort Mill, SC
Message 5 of 5
jfitz2020
in reply to: VWD-MLM

Very Helpful Mike.

Thanks.

In addition for other readers we had to download and install the Exporter Utility for Navisworks, from Autodesk.  This created the Add-In Tab inside of Revit that you mentioned above.  We now have the ability to export a NWC. (Navisworks Cache File) from Revit. 

The NWC. File shows the Fittings that I could not see prior.

SOLVED!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report