Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pending tasks visible during simulation

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jason.seck
1918 Views, 3 Replies

Pending tasks visible during simulation

When I run my Navis timeliner simulation, the new construction objects appear 10 days prior to their planned start date.  It's not just a couple, but every one of them.  The status in the in the simulate window shows the task as "pending".  For example, I have an equipment pad object with a planned start date of 6/29/2016.  However, when I play the simulation, it appears on 6/19/2016.  In addition, I have an amimation tied to this object which appears to follow the planned start and end dates as expected.  Therefore, when I click the play button, the equipment pad appears on 6/19 and then disappears on 6/29 (due to the X-offset of the animation) then reappears and moves into place during the planned installation dates.  I can't find any settings for "pending" tasks.  Is this something hard-coded into Navisworks?

I'm running Navisworks Manage 2013, version 10.2.0.91043

Capture.JPG

Jason Seck
BIM Coordinator
Black & Veatch, Water Division
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jason.seck
in reply to: jason.seck

Ok, I figured it out.  This may be obvious to some of you.  The Interval size in the Simulation Settings was set to "Percent".  Therefore, tasks that start between precentage intervals would appear at the beginning of each percent duration.  A similar thing happens when it is set to "Weeks".  Since a particular task begins mid-week, it shows as "pending" at the start of that week and also appears in the simulation.  Changing it to "Days" solved the problem.  When I play the Simulation now, the objects now appear on the correct date.

Jason Seck
BIM Coordinator
Black & Veatch, Water Division
Message 3 of 4
izza_yan

solved thank you 

Message 4 of 4
Albert.Maduro

Google has given this post, and it solved my problem

Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report