Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navisworks with Graphics Engine from Infrastructure Modeler

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
NDM_USER
681 Views, 3 Replies

Navisworks with Graphics Engine from Infrastructure Modeler

When it comes down to ambient occlusion , lights and real time navigation through a model,  Navisworks has horrible graphics and excellent navigation tools, the Infrastructure Modeler has excellent graphics but poor navigation  tools.

Did anyone looked at the impressive graphics performance of Infrastructure Modeler? I can tell you that my clients have been super impressed with the look of the project , ambient occlusions and solar study tools available in IM.Just the feeling when walking around a model is incredible. When I opened up the same model in Navisworks it was like going back to the cave. Switching between headlights and scene lights did not achieve the same experience I had on IM.

Can we have a new Navisworks with a new graphics engine borrowed from IM,and a new IM with navigation tools from Navisworks  pleeeease   !!!!!!!

Thank you

Dorin Nita

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
alan.quinn
in reply to: NDM_USER

Thanks for the information. If you like I’d suggest leaving feedback at the below link. Information gathered is used to improve the application.

Product Contact Link: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Thanks for posting.

Message 3 of 4
tim.wiegand
in reply to: NDM_USER

By default Navisworks 2013 and earlier use a Navisworks specific graphics engine that is tuned for performance rather than looks. In Navisworks 2012 and later you have the option of using the common Autodesk engine that IM also uses. Go to Options -> Interface -> Display -> Graphics System. Uncheck Auto-select and select the Autodesk graphics system.

Go to Options -> Inteface -> Display -> Graphics System -> Autodesk for Autodesk graphics system specific options.

• In Navisworks 2012 you can enable Anti-aliasing and choose between Basic and Gooch shaders.
  • In Navisworks 2013 you can also enable ambient occlusion and Phong shaders.
  • In Navisworks 2014 the Autodesk graphics system is used by default. There is a new UI that allows control of lighting and materials - including Sun/Sky model.

Tim Wiegand
Software Architect

Message 4 of 4
NDM_USER
in reply to: tim.wiegand

Excellent information. I wish I had the sun calendar settings in Navisworks.Maybe on the next versions.

Thanks for your response

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report