Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navisworks Review or Manage will not Uninstall!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
BrettCaldeira
2380 Views, 5 Replies

Navisworks Review or Manage will not Uninstall!

Good Day All

Im looking for a clean uninstall method for removing Navisworks! For Some reason I cannot uninstall Both Manage or Review. We have network licenses for both products so I have both have been installed. When trying to uninstall Navisworks Review from my workstation I get an error before the setup initilization started up stating that... NSIS Error - Installer integrity check has failed. Common causes include incomplete download, and damaged media...

When I try and uninstall Navisworks Manage on the same computer, setup initialization begins, then half way through the initiliazation I get the error: This action is only valid for products that are currently installed.

Both these errors on the same computer. Other software including AutoCAD seems to uninstall and reinstall?

Running windows XP Professional SP3

Any Help would be appreciated. Best Regards,

Brett Caldeira
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
AndyG_ADSK
in reply to: BrettCaldeira

Brett,

For your Review, it sounds like the little utility that decides which language to present the setup GUI in is corrupt. You can work around this by going to your registry, open key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Autodesk Navisworks Review 2010 (32 bit) and copy the value of the "uninstall string" entry into a text editor.

So you will have a line looking something like this:
C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Navisworks Review 2010\setup\Uninstall.exe /P {CD4D81FE-EBDA-0000-B5BC-42988504F1F1} /M NW

Edit the line replacing "uninstall.exe" with "setup.exe", enclose the file path in quotes, and add /LANG en-US to the end of the line so you have something like:
"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Navisworks Review 2010\setup\setup.exe" /P {CD4D81FE-EBDA-0000-B5BC-42988504F1F1} /M NW /LANG en-US

Then you can either save this as a batch script and run it or paste the line into Start->Run and run it from there. This should be enough to get the uninstaller up so you can uninstall.

Regarding your Manage uninstall, I would only expect to see that error message if you have uninstalled Manage except for some reason the installer has left behind the registry entries that make Manage appear in Add/Remove Programs. The thing to do would be to contact support and provide them with the installer logs from your Temp directory, and hopefully we can pin the problem down and give you a workaround.

HTH
Andy

Autodesk Employee

Message 3 of 6

Thanks for you Help AndyG. I got the review uninstalled.

I now have a problem on two other computers where it gives me the integrity problem. If I then run the registry startup, it comes back with an error that it cannot open setupres.dll. I cannot find setupres.dll in any of the instaltion paths. Nothing has been uninstalled, or attempted to be uninstalled. I think he problem comes in when you install both review and manage on the same computer. Only when I do this does the unistallation fail.

Do you have any Idea what I need to do to remove it from the workstation completely without using the uninstall.

Regards
Message 4 of 6
AndyG_ADSK

Brett,

As a general rule you should always run an uninstall if at all possible.

In your specific case, it sounds like the language pack is missing. Go to Add/Remove programs, find your language pack for that install and try to run a repair on the lang pack itself. If you are using XP click the link in ARP for the language pack "Click here for support information" and choose repair on the resulting dialog. Try to uninstall Manage again.

If you do not have a language pack installed, then you will need to return to your installation disks and install x86\NAVMAN\en-US\NAVMAN_LP.msi (you should just be able to double click it). Now you should be able to run the uninstall for Manage.

HTH
Andy

Autodesk Employee

Message 5 of 6

Hi there Andy

I have a language pack in add remove programs but still can not remove Navisworks, I have also done repairs. I have 3 laptops doing this. I have attched the error message.
Message 6 of 6
AndyG_ADSK

Brett,

What, if any, anti-virus software are you running? Any software firewalls? Did you install Navisworks from a download or from original media?

Andy

Autodesk Employee

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report