Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navisworks Manage - Server Busy Message

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
andsham
6890 Views, 10 Replies

Navisworks Manage - Server Busy Message

When ever I start Manage I get a dialog box with Server Busy and reads the following:

This action cannot ne completed because the other program is busy. Choost 'Switch To' to active the busy program and correct the problem.

I then have the options Switch To, Retry, and Cancel(Greyed Out).

When i hit Switch to it pulls up my start menu on my Win7. If I hit retry I get the same dialog box.

Any help would be appreciated.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
dgorsman
in reply to: andsham

WARNING: DO NOT TRY THIS IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!

Try manually stopping the WsCommCntr2.exe process.  I suspect the root cause of the problem is a failure in the InfoCenter system, since the same type of problem occured in earlier versions of AutoCAD with the same process/InfoCenter.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 11
andsham
in reply to: dgorsman

Thanks,

This appears to be the issue and it is now resolved.

Message 4 of 11
SK_BIM_HELP

I am trying to link Primevera-P6 V 6.2 to Navisworks 2011 on Windows 7 64bit Machine.

and get the same error

Server busy.

This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy. Choose 'Switch To' to active the busy program and correct the problem.

with optiond of Switch To and Retry

It doesn't let me cancel this message box or close Navisworks.

Can you please help with this?

Message 5 of 11
matt.hunter

Although killing the WsCommCntr2.exe process is a workaround.  What is the actual fix?  Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening all together. 

Message 6 of 11
Techmite
in reply to: matt.hunter

Has anyone had any issues killing the WsCommCntr2.exe process to workaround this problem? I am not familiar with what its function is.

Message 7 of 11
dgorsman
in reply to: Techmite

It works with the Infocenter.  I haven't had the problem in more recent versions, and given the DWG format change in 2013 I'd recommend upgrading if you haven't done so already.

Message 8 of 11
jwebb

I'm working with Navisworks Manage 2014 SP1, using AutoCAD MEP 2013 in an office with many others using the same configuration.  We've never had the Server Busy error before; only with the installation of 2014.  Even after ending the WScommcntr process, we are still receiving the server busy error on both Simulate and Manage.  In most cases, there are individuals working in the drawings that are being loaded within an NWF, which is relatively unavoidable.  The "server busy" window is preventing us from loading the NWFs; sometimes waiting several hours or over night for models that just won't open.

Can you please assist in fixing this problem?

Message 9 of 11
zach.snavely
in reply to: dgorsman

Okay, but how do you ACTUALLY do what you are explaining? Please provide the steps to the process.

Thanks.

Message 10 of 11
dgorsman
in reply to: zach.snavely

If you don't understand, find somebody who can explain the what's and *especially* the why's along with the potential problems if its done wrong.  For the time being that can't be me - I don't have the time to do that, even at 40 WPM.

Message 11 of 11
Edmundm9KWE6

I tried this, didn't work.. what am I missing?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report