Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navisworks Image Links and file sharing

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
JammonGilbane
988 Views, 1 Reply

Navisworks Image Links and file sharing

A group I am working for has asked me to create a Navisworks file with linked images of construction (done).

I am working in Navisworks Manage and the group I am working with is using Navisworks Freedom.

As we share the files via an ftp, I am unable to share the Navis NWD file without loosing the linked images.

Any suggestions on creating a folder in a specific location that will be recognized by multiple computers upon downloading?  Can I use an intermediary source such as Excel to assist in some way?

Is it impossible to create a Navis file with linked images that I can upload to an FTP for other users to download and use on their desktop without losing the links?

Regards,

Jammon

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dgorsman
in reply to: JammonGilbane

Haven't played with hyperlinks in a while, from what I remember they were always absolute by default.  You can set them to relative which is better for file sharing between locations, but since that change is manual-only any more than a handful is time consuming.  You could path the links to a shared internet resource but there's security risks in that.  If the pictures are grouped, you could provide a limited selection of relative links in the model, linked to HTML documents which provide a more easily organized access system.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report