Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navisworks 2014 - Exporting/importing clash tests not working

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
allarkin14
4983 Views, 17 Replies

Navisworks 2014 - Exporting/importing clash tests not working

Navisworks Manage 2014

Version: 11.4.0.101763

Over the last few weeks, I noticed I am no longer able to export clash tests and import them into another file. We have 30ish clash tests set up in an NWF and exporting and importing alone saves the time it takes to add and name the 30 tests to the next file. (Please note I am talking about clash tests themselves, not the rules, or the selected items within).

The process I had been following was, when in the Clash Detective window, hitting the drop down that says "export clash tests". I then save the xml, open another NWF, and import the clash tests. This was working fine until randomly a few weeks ago. Now, in files that contain search sets I noticed that exporting and importing the "clash tests" is actually exporting and importing the "search sets", even though I am in the clash detective window and specifically selecting to export/import "clash tests". In files that don't contain search sets, simply nothing is happening upon importing the clash tests.

Aside from the process listed above, I have tried *both* import clash tests buttons in the clash detective window, right-clicking to import clash tests in the clash detective window, and exporting via the output tab int he ribbon. Same results.

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

Possible workaround:
Save as NWD after the clash test. The clash results then should be in the NWD.
Open the NWD on another computer (or first on the same computer but logged in as another user) with Manage installed and see if you can export the clashes from there...
Message 3 of 18
france
in reply to: Patrick_Aps_9121

I've tried that and it doesn't work.

Message 4 of 18
scott.a.green
in reply to: france

I have attempted to contact you directly regarding this case as per your request in your other case that had been closed. Please email me back as soon as you can with the files that I will need to work on this issue for you. 

First Name Last Name or First Name.Last Initial
Public Facing Job Title
Link Name | Link Name | Link Name | Link Name
Message 5 of 18
france
in reply to: Patrick_Aps_9121

I have tried exporting from an NWD with the same result: nothing comes in. 

Message 6 of 18
france
in reply to: scott.a.green

I sent you the files twice and hadn't heard back from you as to whether you received them the second time.  I will attach again.  Please let me know whether or not you receive them.  Those attached below are for the viewpoint xml's .  Since I am limited to 3 attachments here, I will send you two more files.

Attached:

1. Sample NWD file with two sets of viewpoints: one with redlines and one without.
  2. Viewpoint export file named: view exports_RED LINES_NAVIS_2014-07-16.xml   - this contains redlined views
  3. view exports-NO RED_NAVIS_2014-07-16.xml   -   this has no redlined views in it
Message 7 of 18
scott.a.green
in reply to: france

The FTP site is empty but I see that you have attached the files. I will begin testing on my end. Please check your email for updates as I will be switching from using the Forums to using the email we have for your contact email in your logged case. You may also attach files directly in your email if the FTP is not working for you. 

First Name Last Name or First Name.Last Initial
Public Facing Job Title
Link Name | Link Name | Link Name | Link Name
Message 8 of 18
edgarflotte

I am working with Manage 2014 and having the same issue. Even more, I am exporting the clash xml. deleting it from my nwf and importing it back to the same nwf with NO success.

Message 9 of 18
ajikram.ahamid
in reply to: allarkin14

Hi,

Any solution for this?

Message 10 of 18
susan_tate
in reply to: ajikram.ahamid

Hi,

It might help if I explain a little about how exporting/inporting clash tests actually works, and then we can decide if there is actually a problem as it is a common area of misunderstanding.

A clash test can be successfully exported (including rules) if the selection A and selection B items are either (a) the whole model or (b) search sets. The reason that other selections cannot be exported is that the selected items will not exist in other models so importing them would be a useless exercise. A search set is actually stored in the exported clash tests file according to the definition of the search criteria so when imported to a different model it is implicitly run to find the items for evaluation in the clash test. This is the reason we recommend using search sets in clash test definitions that users want to reuse across projects. In the case of the 'whole model' selection, we can successfully export this selection because the root selection tree item always has the same path (Id) so does have meaning across projects when imported.

If you are meeting these criteria described above with your Selection A and B settings in the clash tests you are trying to export, and still seeing problems, then we will need to investigate further. Otherwise, the behaviour is as-designed, and further changes would need to be raised as an enhancement request describing exactly what behaviour you would expect.

Does that help at all?

Kind regards, Susan

Susan Tate

Principal Engineer

Message 11 of 18
anaigabql

can you help me with this, I have the same problem
Message 12 of 18
joslindave
in reply to: susan_tate

This problem still exists. I have checked the XML produced, and it is not exporting anything regarding clash tests (it has an empty tag in the XML). I have tested this with an NWD with clash tests, exported XML, then reimported to the original NWF (which has all the same files, sets, etc, in the same structure).

Has anyone found a workaround?

Message 13 of 18
shreenn

Hi All,

I too have the same issue, did anyone got a solutions for this. I was only able to export the clash tests which are new in the status, which are done in status are not exporting to xml file. Is there any way to define the status to consider while exporting..

Thanks In advance..

Sri

Message 14 of 18
mattivers

I am also having the same problem. I am using navisworks 2016 & 2018. Neither of these import my clash test xml file with the test I exported from a separate NWF file. Why hasn't there been a fix for this? This thread is really old.

Message 15 of 18
rmoscosoJGY4U
in reply to: mattivers

Same issue here. Please fix this. Navis 2018

Message 16 of 18
france
in reply to: rmoscosoJGY4U

This has been an issue for years! I can't believe Autodesk has not fixed it
yet. I am experiencing the same problem on a current project.

AUTODESK - PLEASE FIX THIS - IT IS AN ESSENTIAL TOOL FOR ANYONE PROVIDING
BIM COORDINATION
Message 17 of 18
millan.a

Hi, same problem with Navisworks 2020, after 5 years no solution yet?

Message 18 of 18
france
in reply to: millan.a

I don't think Autodesk has any interest in fixing this issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report