Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navisworks 2013 crashes when linking Primavera P6 in timeliner

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
TROY001
1543 Views, 4 Replies

Navisworks 2013 crashes when linking Primavera P6 in timeliner

Hi,

I have just set up a Primavera DSN data source to add directly to Navisworks timeliner however when I add the DNS and click OK Navisworks unexpectly crashes everytime instead of giving me the option of selecting a project. Windows message just states "Navisworks has stopped working" see attached error message. Both programs have been recently installed and run OK, files are small. Does anyone know how to approach this problem?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
IMHAWLEY
in reply to: TROY001

Hi There Could you tell me more about your installation, such as whether you're 32 or 64 bit, which OS, which version of the P6 SDK you are using?

Thanks a lot

Ian Hawley

Navisworks, TimeLiner Lead

Message 3 of 5
TROY001
in reply to: IMHAWLEY

Hi Ian,

its Windows Vista Home 32 bit operating system and Ive installed Primavera version P6.0 + associative SDK component, thank you

FYI; In the meantime I was sucessful in exporting my Primavera project to Microsoft Office Project and linking to Navisworks timeliner - not sure if this info helps, thanx

Message 4 of 5
IMHAWLEY
in reply to: TROY001

Hi There

If you are on P6.0 we would recommend you upgrade to 6.2 as this is our minimum supported version.

If you are able to use the Web Services connection, I highly recommend this as our testing has proved updates to be in the region of 10-100 times quicker.

Kind Regards

Ian Hawley

Navisworks, TimeLiner Feature Lead

Message 5 of 5
TROY001
in reply to: IMHAWLEY

Will do, thanks Ian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report