Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navis Fish Eye

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jruffo
2261 Views, 5 Replies

Navis Fish Eye

How can I fix this camera view it has a fish eye effect?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
tim.wiegand
in reply to: jruffo

It looks like you have a really extreme field of view angle in the current viewpoint. Go to Viewpoint -> Edit Current Viewpoint and change "Vertical Field Of View" to 45 degrees (this is the usual value for a Navisworks viewpoint), "Horizontal Field Of View" will be updated to match.

Tim Wiegand
Software Architect

Message 3 of 6
SSiso
in reply to: tim.wiegand

HI, 

On this same topic, is there a way to change all the viewpoints at the same time, to the 45 degree setting?  We are currently using an outside program to create viewpoints in navis, and the Field of view is being changed to around 125 degrees for all viewpoints which is beyond fishbowl, and it would be far too time consuming to changes these one at a time.  Or do you know of a way to permanently lock the field of view to 45 degrees?  I see no real reason to ever differ from this setting for how we use Navisworks in construction.  Any input would be greatly appreciated! I know this is an old thread, we're using 2017 Navis, but searching for answers where ever I can.  Thanks!

Message 4 of 6
SSiso
in reply to: SSiso

See Post "Field of View changing on it's own.."  This is the best answer so far to the question I had above.

Message 5 of 6
busterbw
in reply to: tim.wiegand

Thanks, Great job! Looks good now, Ed

Message 6 of 6
Patrick_Aps_9121
in reply to: SSiso

yes,

Make a backup of your NWF / NWD.

export the Viewpoints to XML (Viewpoints Dialog -> Right mouse menu)

edit the XML

delete all ViewPoints in Navisworks

Import the Viewpoints XML

Beware: all color and hidden overrides which were might be stored in your viewpoints are lost using this procedure.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report