Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navis 2014 Exporting Saved Viewpoints

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1241 Views, 3 Replies

Navis 2014 Exporting Saved Viewpoints

I am having difficulties exporting/importing Saved Viewpoints in Navis 2014. I export the viewpoints from one model, and upon importing the viewpoints in a different model it gives me an error message. However, if the viewpoints are exported from Navis 2013...they will import into a Navis 2014 model no problem. Any solutions?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Patrick_Aps_9121
in reply to: Anonymous

I believe this can be solved by implementing SP1 to Navis 2014
Message 3 of 4
mikej

This issue wasn't solved with SP1.  If viewpoints are exported from 2014 Simulate, they cannot be imported to another 2014 Simulate model.  You will get an error.

mikej
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

This problem happened to me today.  I made a large number of viewpoints, complete with descriptions and markups in Navis Manage 2013.  Then I mistakingly opened a drawing file with Navis Manage 2014 because my computer auto-opens to Navis Manage 2014.  I imported my viewpoints and made some changes (without realizing I was in 2014), then exported and saved over my viewpoints and - bust, I had saved over my 2013 viewpoints. 

The problem is that when I open a drawing file with Navis Manage 2013, I cannot bring those viewpoints in because they were saved in 2014 format.

The solution.  Save your Navis Manage 2014 drawing file, complete with viewpoints, as a Navis Manage 2013 .nwf file.  Then you can open the .nwf manually from Navis Manage 2013.  Then export the viewpoints again and write over the ones that had been previously saved in 2014 format.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report