Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW Manage 2014 - Batch Utility export .nwf to .nwd with clash tests

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
airpro_chris
1382 Views, 5 Replies

NW Manage 2014 - Batch Utility export .nwf to .nwd with clash tests

Hey all, I am batch exporting a folder full of .nwf's which are built up of a .nwc file, complete with clash results. I need the .nwf to host the clash results as the .nwc updates and the clash detective re-runs against the new .nwc. My problem is I lose all of my clash tests and results when I use the Batch Utility to save these out to .nwd. If I Save-As the .nwf into .nwd format then all the tests and results go with it.

Am I missing something here?

Cheers,

Chris

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

If I remember well there is a difference in what you see if you open the same NWD file (with clashes) in a NavisWorks Manage or in a navisworks Freedom (on a computer where there is no Manage installed)
The difference would be that you do not see the clash results.
But if you save each clash as a viewpoint after thet you selected the clashing items and gave them an override colour, you can see these viewpoints in Freedom.
Message 3 of 6

Hi again Patrick. The issue is not with Freedom (my typical process would save all clashes as viewpoints for Freedom users) but with exporting a 'clashed up' .nwf to .nwd with the batch utility and losing all clash tests and results when I open the exported .nwd in Manage. Does anyone follow this workflow and do they get a similar result?

Cheers.

Message 4 of 6

On the machine that batch processes the nwf to nwd, are there different versions of Navisworks (Simulate / Manage) or versions 2013 /2014 installed ? If so, i beleive there is no easy way of determining which "roamer.exe" is used in the batch file.
Message 5 of 6
AndyG_ADSK
in reply to: airpro_chris

Chris,

This is an issue with Batch Utility in 2014.  It doesn't load plugins, of which Clash Detective is one, and any plugin data gets lost.  It is fixed in 2015.

Cheers

Andy

Autodesk Employee

Message 6 of 6
airpro_chris
in reply to: AndyG_ADSK

Thanks Andy. I have tested this and can confirm that it works. A bit of an oversight in the 2014 products I guess.

Thanks again,

Chris.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report