Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAVIS NOT OPENING LACK OF MEMORY

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mjmpe
1562 Views, 3 Replies

NAVIS NOT OPENING LACK OF MEMORY

I am trying to open up Navisworks to look at my drwg. and it keeps coming up not enough memory to open. What do I do for this?

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Keith.Brown
in reply to: mjmpe

First thing I would do is post this in the Navisworks forum.

The second thing I would do is check my memory.  Are you running a 64 or 32 bit machine?  If it is a 32 bit machine then make sure that you close down all programs but Navisworks and try to open it up again.  If it still won't open then you probably need to upgrade to a 64bit machine with 8gb of ram minimum.

If you are already running a 64bit machine and still get the error then check how much memory you have.  Again you should probably have 8gb minimum depending on the size of your models. 

You can also check your processes and how much memory each is using to possibly find a program that is hogging up alot of memory.

Rebooting your machine at least twice a day will help.  When I had a slower machine I always rebooted in the morning and at lunch time no matter what.

Message 3 of 4
mjmpe

thank you

Message 4 of 4
chris.kershaw

Another thing to check is in the Options (F12) under model, performance there is a Memory Limit section see if the Auto box has been unchecked

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report