Navisworks General

Valued Contributor
mjmpe
Message 1 of 4 (287 Views)

NAVIS NOT OPENING LACK OF MEMORY

287 Views, 3 Replies
03-12-2013 04:53 AM

I am trying to open up Navisworks to look at my drwg. and it keeps coming up not enough memory to open. What do I do for this?

thanks

*Expert Elite*
Keith.Brown
Message 2 of 4 (270 Views)

Re: NAVIS NOT OPENING LACK OF MEMORY

03-12-2013 03:20 PM in reply to: mjmpe

First thing I would do is post this in the Navisworks forum.

The second thing I would do is check my memory.  Are you running a 64 or 32 bit machine?  If it is a 32 bit machine then make sure that you close down all programs but Navisworks and try to open it up again.  If it still won't open then you probably need to upgrade to a 64bit machine with 8gb of ram minimum.

If you are already running a 64bit machine and still get the error then check how much memory you have.  Again you should probably have 8gb minimum depending on the size of your models. 

You can also check your processes and how much memory each is using to possibly find a program that is hogging up alot of memory.

Rebooting your machine at least twice a day will help.  When I had a slower machine I always rebooted in the morning and at lunch time no matter what.

Keith Brown AutoCAD MEP BLOG | RSS Feed
AutoCAD MEP 2014 | Revit 2014 | EastCoast CAD/CAM V6.1 | Visual Studio 2013
────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate. Thank you!
Valued Contributor
mjmpe
Message 3 of 4 (262 Views)

03-13-2013 05:05 AM in reply to: mjmpe

thank you

Valued Contributor
chris.kershaw
Message 4 of 4 (224 Views)

03-15-2013 04:58 AM in reply to: mjmpe

Another thing to check is in the Options (F12) under model, performance there is a Memory Limit section see if the Auto box has been unchecked

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Have API Questions?
New Dedicated Forum for Navisworks API

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community