Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lighting

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Logos_Atum
1774 Views, 4 Replies

Lighting

Hello there,

please don´t tell me you can´t render advanced lighting with the viewport setting.

Is´nt there a registry key forcing it on available? I need to render the viewport with

all lights enabled. The manual says this works.... therefore it better does!

"

There are six types of light visible in both Viewport interactive renders and photorealistic renders:          

• Ambient lights give a general background light to the scene and therefore only have Intensity and Color parameters.             
  • Distant lights are directional and so have a location and target. However, the location and target merely set up an axis down which               the light shines, as these light types are infinitely far away and their beams are parallel. As well as Intensity and Color parameters, they can also cast shadows in a photorealistic render.             
  • Eye lights are located at the viewpoint and also only have Intensity and Color parameters.             
  • Point lights have a location but shine in all directions. They also have an Intensity and Color and additionally can cast Shadows (only available in a full photorealistic render).             
  • Spot lights are also directional and therefore have a location and target, as well as Intensity and Color, and shadow parameters. In addition, they also have parameters for affecting the light’s Fall Off and Cone Angle, as these light types are not infinitely far away, so do spread their light over a cone and the intensity does diminish away               from the light.             
  • Sun simulates the sun’s light. The orientation of your model is defined by North and Up directions. The position of the sun is specified as Azimuth and Altitude. If the sun’s Mode includes Position, you can input your location on earth, the Time (using local time zone) and date and Presenter will calculate the sun’s azimuth and altitude for you. If the sun’s Mode includes Intensity, Presenter will also calculate an accurate intensity for the sun based on position, time of year and atmospheric conditions.

"

Help!

Dogs aren´t flammable.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dgorsman
in reply to: Logos_Atum

Yes, lighting works.  Too much lighting and it doesn't, of course - the image is washed out.  And too many shadow casting lights, transparencies, etc. can easily overwhelm an average computer.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 5
Logos_Atum
in reply to: dgorsman

Hello there,

It´s not that many lights... I can pan, rotate and zoom with the preview.

The computer handles this fine.

As soon as I export the animation all the effects are turned off and I can´t

choose wheter to turn them on or off.

This is not mentioned anywhere in the manual- big minus- If I missed it,

the joke´s on me I guess.

Currently I am looking into the registry as well as into all the config files to

get to know which switch turns it on or off... there must be a way to force

it to stay "on" when rendering.

This little bit of information is missing ... and I need a quick animation with

lights enabled to highlight and draw attention to certain areas in the building.

I would use MAX but it takes too long (with my skill level)

Kind regards

Daniel

Dogs aren´t flammable.
Message 4 of 5
Logos_Atum

Hello there,

same problem on a non average computer XD.

Kind regards

Daniel

Dogs aren´t flammable.
Message 5 of 5
Logos_Atum

Looks like I need to do some rehearsal and read the manual more carefully.

Lighting styles are saved alongside the viewports. Therefore all I needed to

do was to refresh all the saved views with the new setting to make it apply

to all the frames.

My bad 😉

Kind regards

Daniel

Dogs aren´t flammable.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report