Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to select items in Navisworks based on color?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Bob_Lipchik
4686 Views, 6 Replies

Is it possible to select items in Navisworks based on color?

I'm using Navisworks Manage 2013.

I've done some searching and tried several things out but can't seem to find what I'm looking for.  I've got a large 3D model that was partly originated in PDMS and part in Autocad Plant 3D.  I've spent quite some time color coding the different parts based on schedule.  So in other words, all items in the NWD file hold a color override.

What I would like to do now is select all items of a certain color override to add them to a selection set.  I don't want to spend the time to go back and select each individual shape.  What I was hoping was to be able to select all BLUE items or something like that.

I can't use the layer name because a single layer could be broken out into 2 or 3 different colors.

I've tried using the properties to filter out the color in the Material field, however, that color is the original color in the PDMS file, not the Navisworks override color.

I'm doubting this is possible but thought maybe someone may have come across a need for this before.

THANKS!!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

There has got to be a way to do this... There are so many Find Item options.  It appears to be a matter of finding the parameter for the color that is overridden in NW.  I'll post here again if I find a solution.

Message 3 of 7

Not yo my knowlegde.

I'm afraid that you will have to start over again, create a new NWF and append all the models needed.

Then use nothing but select sets to creade the overrides you have made manually (select on the schedule)

Then cou can re-use these select sets for other manilpulations also.

Message 4 of 7

Sort of? While I was clicking around on some items that were the same color, I noticed under "Properties," , "Item," "Material" that like colors had the same material value. So if you have Navisworks Simulate then you could do an advance search and fill out the search like so:

victoriarlager_0-1666280399519.png

Just change the Value column to whatever your value is. If you have Freedom have the selection tree up and just follow the same type of path:

victoriarlager_1-1666280628140.png

Hope that helps or gets you closer

Message 5 of 7

Thanks Victoria, that worked perfectly.

Message 6 of 7

Useful trick, thanks!
Main Scientist, Full Stack Developer & When Time Permits Director of IDIGO ► On your marks, Set, Go
Message 7 of 7

Thanks Victoria!  That worked great!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report