Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make objects apeear gradually in the simulation

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Sarah_Ashraf
1045 Views, 3 Replies

How to make objects apeear gradually in the simulation

as shown in the video below that the columns appear gardually from the bottom to the top, how could i do this in NavisWorks ???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQkDRXo7tLM

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JeffH_ADSK
in reply to: Sarah_Ashraf

The animation in question was produced via a combination of TimeLiner & Animator, using animations expanded across task timespans and each task detailing the order of construction (it was also rendered using added Presenter materials if memory serves). The objects are animated to be scaled in one dimension (e.g. in this case a scale of 0.1 in the vertical axis) at task start time. The animation then plays to expand the object out to original 'CAD model' positions by interpolating the scaling up to 1 at the end of the task. Since Animator animations at this time when stopped always revert to original CAD model starting positions, this happily coincides with the desire to show the final intended position at the end of the individual construction task.

Hopefully that gives you some starting points,

Jeff

Senior Software Engineer
Navisworks
Autodesk Ltd.
Message 3 of 4
basvanloenen
in reply to: Sarah_Ashraf

Jeff,

The use of timeliner in combination of the animator is clear, but the scaling function around x,y,z-axis is not very usefull in practice, because our designs are not rectangcular and never exactly parralel with x,y,z...

Is it possible to make the scaling option possible along a user defined axis in new versions??

Greets,

Bas

Message 4 of 4

I agree that it would be very useful to have the x,y,z relate to the individual element, not a global orientation.

I've been playing around with Animator for a few days and this is something I wanted to achieve, but couldn't find a suitable solution.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report