Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grid Intersection in Clash Report Options

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
mike
1012 Views, 11 Replies

Grid Intersection in Clash Report Options

All of a sudden, the Grid Intersection column in the Clash report Result area is grayed out..... WTH?  How do I get it back?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Jean.Goyat
in reply to: mike

Have you made sure you still have the grid file in the model? Check the view tab that a grid is still selected.
Message 3 of 12
mike
in reply to: Jean.Goyat

Grid file, as both an NWC and DWG are in the file.  The "GRID" tab is grayed out on the "View" panel.  Can't seem to figure out how to get it to recognize the grid.  Suggestions?

Message 4 of 12
Jean.Goyat

You mean no Revit grid? That's the one I know is recognized. Never managed to make it work with anything else. I have a seperate model where I recreated the grid in Revit (architect only provided a DWG).

When you say all of a sudden, do you mean to say it used to work with a DWG grid? If so I'm curious how you made it work.

Message 5 of 12
mike

I have never had an issue before using an AutoCAD created grid file. Until now!!!

Message 6 of 12
Victoria.Studley

Hi Mike,

How did you create the grid in AutoCAD?

Which versions of AutoCAD, Revit, and Navisworks are you using?

Is the grid 2D linework from basic AutoCAD, or are you using the custom grid tools in AutoCAD Architecture?

Did you use the Navisworks NWC Export Utility to export your grid from AutoCAD to the NWC format?

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 7 of 12
mike

How did you create the grid in AutoCAD?
The Grid was furnished by the Design Team. Ordinarily, there isn't an issue with the grid, except in this case. I have tried many different methods of inserting/appending the grid.
Which versions of AutoCAD, Revit, and Navisworks are you using?
I have AutoCAD Arch 2013, 2014 and 2015. Same holds true for Naviswork Manage and Revit.
Is the grid 2D linework from basic AutoCAD, or are you using the custom grid tools in AutoCAD Architecture?
I also tried recreating it in Revit, using the Grid command. No luck.
Did you use the Navisworks NWC Export Utility to export your grid from AutoCAD to the NWC format?
I usually type at the command line "NWCOUT" and have never had any issues before.... Or since. Just this particular grid file. Hence, my dumbfoundedness.

Regards,

Mike Furlong, CM-BIM, AIBD
Principal, Virtual Design Consultant
Integrated Project Solutions

mike@iprojsolutions.com

Cell: 330.414.9970

Notice of Confidentiality

This transmission contains information that may be confidential and that may also be privileged. Unless you are the intended recipient of the message (or authorized to receive it for the intended recipient), you may not copy, forward, or otherwise use it, or disclose its contents to anyone else. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify us immediately and delete it from your system.
Message 8 of 12
Victoria.Studley

Hi Mike,

Thanks for elaborating. Could you possibly post the original grid DWG file, or the resultant NWC file, for us to test here on our system?

Victoria Studley
Message 9 of 12
mike
in reply to: Victoria.Studley

See attached.  

Thanks.

Mike

Message 10 of 12
mike

Here is the DWG file.  This was fine until a week ago.  

Message 11 of 12
Victoria.Studley

Hi Mike,

Thanks for attaching the files. So far, we've been unable to get the grid options to appear for your DWG file or those created in-house.

Could you provide a DWG file where this does work for you?

And could you please describe the steps you take to get the grid options to appear (starting from AutoCAD all the way through to Navisworks), so that we can try to replicate your workflow here on our system?

Any screenshots you can provide would be helpful as well.

Victoria Studley
Message 12 of 12
mike

Usually, the grids are supplied by the architect and merely immported into Navisworks.  This has never failed before..... until now.  I did a "save as" on a file to remove everything except the grid and now, it appears that this file also doesn't recognize the grid.  Perhaps an issue when I installed NWM 2015.   

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report