Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting nwc from Revit 2014

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
CharlesBerteaux
7985 Views, 16 Replies

Exporting nwc from Revit 2014

just upgraded a model to 2014 Revit. When i go to export a 3D view to nwc, it tells me "No suitable geometry found. Please check what part you want to export in the "Navisworks Settings" menu". i went back to the 2013 version checked all the settings against 2014, they are exactly the same. I even exported a settings file from 2013, then imported it into 2014, and i get the same error. had no problem exporting these same views from 2013...it will only let me export the entire model, but i dont need that, I need specific views exported.......What the heck is going on???????

please see enclosed error log file.

Charles Berteaux IV
EDT BIM/VDC/Technology Department Manager | SSOE Group | Hillsboro
www.ssoe.com

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

I am having the same exact issue. Looks like it's the same project too.

Message 3 of 17

So, i found out what was wrong and forgot to post a follow up:

If you have a 3D view that has a view template applied, check to see if the Detail level is checked. if it is, uncheck it. The Navisworks setup clashes with this item, and gives you the error i was seeing. once unchecked, or removal of the view template, it exported just fine.

Charles Berteaux IV
www.ssoe.com

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Message 4 of 17

C,

You're a genius. Thank you sir!

S

This email is the property of McKinstry or one of its affiliates and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail.

Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.
Message 5 of 17
nmulder34
in reply to: CharlesBerteaux

Interstingly it will allow you to export the entire project without making the detail level change. I noticed in the log file it generates that it indicates the error is that 'the detail level cannot be modified'. Glad I found this post. I figured it was a bug and didn't think changing this setting manually would have an effect. Exporting specific views is much quicker than the entire project.

Message 6 of 17
CharlesBerteaux
in reply to: nmulder34

It also helps that once you export one successfully, to export a Navis Export Settings.xml file 😉 - that way you can import it for any other views within that project.
Charles Berteaux IV
www.ssoe.com

Message 7 of 17

Does anyone have a sucessfully exported .xml file as I would like to see if it overcomes my errors.

Message 8 of 17

Try this one. Hope this Helps!!!Smiley Happy

Charles Berteaux IV
www.ssoe.com

Message 9 of 17

Hi, I'm having the same problem now, I'll try if this one works. Thank you for sharing Ronald
Message 10 of 17

I'm exporting to .nwc from Revit 2015.

I too am having the same error.

Doesn't matter if I'm on a 3D view or a 2D view.

Same issue.

CHB_LRS, I have also tried your .xml file and I am still getting the same errors.

Message 11 of 17
CharlesBerteaux
in reply to: ronsarlo

Sorry everyone, I am not in 2015 yet to be able to troubleshoot.

Basically the thing thing that locks this process up is that if you have a view template associated with your export view, you more than likely have the "Detail Level" checked. there is something within the navis export settings that does not like this checked.....if its something else, i can not be of assistance yet. as I said I am not in 2015 yet 😞

Charles Berteaux IV
www.ssoe.com

Message 12 of 17

Hey all, I can happily say my problem here has gone away now! As everyone is suggesting, having ANY view template applied to the view will throw this process so change view template to 'none' as a first step. Second, make sure you have fine detail set or you will likely get stick representations etc. for some model elements. Also, when using linked files make sure the 'convert linked files' option is checked. Also also, in the 'Export' drop box make sure you have 'Current View' selected. This option is trickier than it seems as some older documentation states that other options here will look at your view names for the prescence of the words  'Navisworks' or 'Navis' in the view name and will export these only by default. Lastly, use the Navisworks Exporter plugins for this and not the "Application Button - Export - NWC" method. Older versions of these plugins are still up on the Autodesk website and this is an essential step for anyone with multiple release versions of Navisworks installed as the "Application Button - Export - NWC" method gets hijacked by whatever is your latest version installed.

Give it a go and see if things get any better.

Message 13 of 17
raja4222liza
in reply to: airpro_chris

Gents,

I am very new in Revit API. Caould please provide me sample code for revit mep to NWC file.

Thanks in Advance

Raj

Message 14 of 17
airpro_chris
in reply to: raja4222liza

Raj, could you clarify your needs. Creating a .nwc file from Revit (MEP or otherwise) does not need any programming skills as there is in-built functionality or 3rd party plugins that will happily create these for you.

Chris.

Message 15 of 17
LRS_Render
in reply to: raja4222liza

Just go to the Application Button > Export > NWC

Export Navis.png

Message 16 of 17

Doesn't work for me. I have no view template assigned to the view, and still keep getting the same error. 

What did work was this: I had structural columns with voids built in so they would cut walls efficiently. Some voids weren't cutting anything and were just floating around in orange. I got rid of the voids and the problem was solved.

Hope this can be helpful to anyone.

Jan Van Sichem

Message 17 of 17
rgilbim
in reply to: JanVanSichem8784

I get this same issue with no view template. Tried recreating the scene and nothing. No hope or solution from any forum =(

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report