Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to NWC - No suitable geometry found

19 REPLIES 19
Message 1 of 20
sbuttchen
10580 Views, 19 Replies

Export to NWC - No suitable geometry found

We are running 2014 building design sweet ultimate and keep having issues exporting Navisworks NWC files.

Keep getting errors that say No Suitable Geometry found.  We have uninstalled and reinstalled the exporters with SP1 and have turned off the view templates with no luck. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
sbreeds
in reply to: sbuttchen

I've found that I have the best luck when there is no view template assigned.

Message 3 of 20
farzadk
in reply to: sbreeds

Hi

But I have had the same problem,whatever i did'nt assinged the view template

Message 4 of 20
chubbard
in reply to: farzadk

We have the same issue

Took the View Template off and it worked.

Message 5 of 20
MJAT

The sulotion is to not have any View Template set on the View.
Navisworks cannot read this type of Templates.

Message 6 of 20
Hagerman_IT
in reply to: MJAT

I removed the view template.  unchecked detail items....... Made sure detail level is not on fine.... everything I know... Still giving the error....

Message 7 of 20
tq1918

perhaps something in the _nwcopt window is in the wrong setting.  

Message 8 of 20
AsBuilt_Chris

Are you using the correct version of the exporter plugin? If using Revit 2014 (assuming you are exporting from Revit of course) then use the 2014 Exporter. You can install the 2015 Exporter and it will show in Revit 2014 & 2015 but will fail if you try to export from Revit 2014 to NW 2015. At least, this is my experience....

Message 9 of 20
jgardner
in reply to: AsBuilt_Chris

2015 is now failing on NWC exports when A) Voids have been modeled within a specific view being exported. B) if the view is cutting through fittings. most notably electrical conduit fittings, but as of recently its starting to fail on pipe and duct fittings as well. We've had to stretch our section boxes to extend through an entire fitting to get exports to complete.

Message 10 of 20
gwisdala.j

I was having the same issue and reseting the NWC export settings back to default solved it for me.

Message 11 of 20
jgardner
in reply to: gwisdala.j

When you say 'default', can you explain? I want to say that under the navisworks settings there are 5 or 6 tabs of checked options.

Thanks,

JG

Message 12 of 20
gwisdala.j
in reply to: jgardner

Sorry should have been a bit more specific. I used the Defaults button under the File Readers > Revit tab in the settings window. Not really sure why it solved the issue.

Message 13 of 20
A_MAQ

It has been reported that void in generic model families prevents Revit model to be exported as NWC. 

You can remove voids in your family and try to export it again by following steps:
1. Open your model in Revit 2015.
2. Select the family with void and open in Family Editor.
3. Delete void sweeps.
4. Load it back to the project and try to export as NWC from R button > Export > NWC.
5. Observe it you can export it without issues.

If this solved your issue , please accept it as solution 

-----------------------
Autodesk Expert Elite
Message 14 of 20
Mohamed-Nassar

the Problem is the elements don't appear for NWC o export them Check your Work-set Open and No elements is hide in whole model need to exported.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question. Likes welcome!

Regards,

BIM Engineer

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If the above reply answers your question; Please mark it with ACCEPT SOLUTION
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mohamed Nassar , ACP, Autodesk Ambassador Gold
BIM Support / Structure Modeler
Tags (1)
Message 15 of 20
ananthakumar87

I hope this will works when you try from REVIT.

Did you try this ?

1. Change to 3d view

2. Export as NWC 

Capture.JPG

Regards
Ananthakumar
Application support engineer
Message 16 of 20

I managed to solve it as follows:
- I created a new empty file
- I copied the modeled objects from the old file to the empty one
- Adjusted the coordinates
- I exported and it worked

Problems:
I had to redo the details of the drawings, I can't transport it to the new model.

Message 17 of 20

This was my issue, thanks for the tip. 

Message 18 of 20

I have had this issue on some files, and on some models removing the template would work but not always.

This is happening in Revit 2014 but I have to use this version as the client has requested the models stay in this format.

Some have suggested selecting all the objects in the view and using "selection" in the NWC export options but I realised this doesn't export the duct insulation for some reason (and may apply to all insulation) even though its on and visible in the view so this option doesn't work for me. 

I have an export view saved that I usually use which is a 3D view of my model.

Something I have just tried was changing the view to a plan view (so looking from the top) and that worked perfectly.

Hopefully this may work for anyone else having this issue.

Ricky

Message 19 of 20
colinblighe

Hi,

It seems to work a lot better if you change to perspective instead of orthographic...

Just burned about 5 hours trying to export 20km worth of chainage markers at 1me intervals, this is how I finally got it to work.

Good luck!

colinblighe_0-1646721808984.png

Message 20 of 20
dbastosKHLPT

I was having the same issue when I was trying to export a NWC of a linked Model

to Solve the Problem I did the following:

-ticked the option "CONVERT LINKED FILES" in Navisworks Option under "File Readers >> Revit"

Please refer to screenshot attached, I hope this helps Screenshot 2023-09-18 160258.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report