Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel Link

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
rnbhat
821 Views, 2 Replies

Excel Link

When I click on Setup as seen in the image below.
No window pop's up.

I dont understand what is wrong.  Has any one faced the similiar situation.

I am using 64 bit Windows 7 OS with Navisworks 2011.

5-18-2011 10-40-43 AM.png 

Regards,
Raghavendra Bhat
rnbhat1@gmail.com
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JeffH_ADSK
in reply to: rnbhat

Hi Raghavendra,

The Setup button launches the ODBC driver's setup if any is available. From the connection string in use, I would guess that this is a DSN you have created, rather than direct use of an ODBC driver in Navisworks (it says DSN=)?

DSNs are files set up within Windows' Control Panel/ODBC that already contain all the connection information required. There is no associated setup for these; all configuration is done within Windows' ODBC applet in Control Panel.

From an enhancement point of view, we should probably disable the button when DSNs are used.

Please also note that 64-bit ODBC is limited in support; Microsoft only provide Excel drivers with Office 2010; previously they were part of the OS.

Hope that helps,

Jeff

Senior Software Engineer
Navisworks
Autodesk Ltd.
Message 3 of 3
rnbhat
in reply to: JeffH_ADSK

Thanks Jeff, for the information.

Also I found a thread where John Lipp, has given a procedure that Autodesk claims to have tested and works.
Link: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Navisworks/Datatools-connect-to-MDB-file/m-p/2888888/highligh...

I Shall try the same.

Regards,
Raghavendra Bhat
rnbhat1@gmail.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report