Navisworks General

Valued Contributor
simonsson
Message 1 of 3 (878 Views)

Delete or remove models and geometries

878 Views, 2 Replies
03-29-2010 05:06 AM
Is it possible to delete parts (models/geometries) of a Navisworks model? The option "Delete" is enabled for files, but what if I'm working with a published nwd-model. Can I delete "First Object"-items?

I would also like to know if it is possible to delete a singel part in an assembly. If I append an IAM from Inventor I see that I can move a single part in the assembly, but can I delete or remove it in any way? This would be like deleting a "Last Object"-item.

So, if I open a NWD-file. Can I delete or remove anything from it?

Thanks!
Contributor
kiel.sinfuego
Message 2 of 3 (878 Views)

Re: Delete or remove models and geometries

03-29-2010 07:36 PM in reply to: simonsson
Once published you cannot delete parts of the model, but you can hide them or do sections.

I think its possible to make the append as a work around but you need to hide the assembly first in the original nwd then append the file.
Valued Contributor
simonsson
Message 3 of 3 (878 Views)

Re: Delete or remove models and geometries

03-30-2010 12:02 AM in reply to: simonsson
Ok, thanks!

I guess it's designed in the way that model changes are supposed to be done in the respective cad product. And then you only move, rotate etc. in Navisworks.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Have API Questions?
New Dedicated Forum for Navisworks API

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community