Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crash by opening Clash Detective

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
basvanloenen
377 Views, 1 Reply

Crash by opening Clash Detective

Hi all,

In NW2013 I have problems with opening the Clash Detective window. Each time I open the window, the software crashes. It seems to appear with all NWF/NWD- files that are set up in NW2012 and then opened in NW2013.

I have added a part of our model as sample.

Anybody else with the same problem? Or, better, a solution?

Very annoying because I cannot use the Clash Detection function now...

Greetings,

Bas

Knipsel.JPG

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
susan_tate
in reply to: basvanloenen

Hi Bas,

I think this means that in your 2012 file you have a clash test defined that does not have any of the Surface/Lines/Points buttons toggled on. As such, the test would not have generated any results because it is not fully defined.

Unfortunately, due to an oversight, NW2013 Clash Detective will crash when one of these tests is loaded, hence the crash that you see when the Clash Detective window is opened.

The problem is fixed in the service pack which will be released shortly. In the meantime, the workaround is to re-open the files in NW2012, and ensure that all tests have at least one of the Surface/Lines/Points buttons toggled on. These buttons can be found on the Select tab of the Clash window. The default setting is to have the Surfaces button on.

Hope that helps, 

Susan

Susan Tate

Principal Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report