Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clash Detection Rules

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
ALago
1048 Views, 5 Replies

Clash Detection Rules

I have a question regarding clash detection in NavisWorks. I'm getting a ridiculous amount of clashes in my model because it's identifying every single side of an object which represents a conveyor system. I've tried setting the rules however, the results are the same. Is there a way to set the clash detection to read an object as one block?

Please see attached...
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mdsharp5
in reply to: ALago

in my experience it could be many things, but lets start with this;
what is the source of the geometry? revit? acad?
Message 3 of 6
ALago

The source is CAD; however, the Architect imported the CAD file into Revit (made it a rvt. file) and then I took the file and exported it back to a CAD file in order for me to throw it into NavisWorks
Message 4 of 6
mdsharp5

sounds like a translation issue...geometry getting confused to and from export/import.
try starting with just the source .rvt file. open it alone first. inspect the geometry. then go from there.

cad to revit is suspicious.
cad to revit, then back to cad, then to navisworks - is even more suspicious.
Message 5 of 6
ALago

10-4...thanks for the quick responses. I will try it out and let you know what I get.
Message 6 of 6
Patrick_Aps_9121

Are all the source CAD things in one File ?
You usally get better results if they are in separate files (Structrual in one DWG, HVAC in another) and then clash the one to the other.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report