Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil3D 2012 pipe networks and Navisworks

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
dgorsman
1606 Views, 6 Replies

Civil3D 2012 pipe networks and Navisworks

I've got Civil 3D 2012 (x64) installed, and Navisworks Simulate 2013 (x64), plus the Civil 3D 2012 object enablers (x64).  Simulate DWG reader version is set as "2012" and Advanced - Convert Object properties has Civil 3D ticked.  There are some Civil 3D objects which are not converting properly.

Given that both the application *and* the enabler is installed, shouldn't these objects be viewable?

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
alan.quinn
in reply to: dgorsman

Try installing the 2013 enablers, then delete the NWC, reload and see what happens. Hope this helps and thanks for posting.

Message 3 of 7
dgorsman
in reply to: alan.quinn

Thanks Alan - inital testing looks like that takes care of it.

Message 4 of 7
JoeyWhitney

Where did you find the 2012 object enablers

Message 5 of 7
dgorsman
in reply to: JoeyWhitney

I downloaded it when we started using the product.  It was still under active support at the time.  In a pinch, you could try installing Civil3D 2012 (activation not necessary) onto the computer with Navisworks.

I'd recommend updating to a newer version of Navisworks though - many good changes have been made.

Message 6 of 7
JoeyWhitney

I may need to re-phrase my questions. Where can I find the Civil3D 2012 object enablers so that I may bring Pipe Networks into Navisworks Simulate 2012? Or are they not needed and I am doing the processes completely wrong?

Message 7 of 7
dgorsman
in reply to: JoeyWhitney

If you can't find a download (I think they may have dropped it during the migration to the new support pages) it should be available from the unpacked version of the program installer.  A quick search finds this thread: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2010-2011-2012/2012-Object-Enablers/m-p/3007818#M1213

If you already have the OE installed on the computer with Navisworks and the pipe networks aren't showing up, try a later release of the OE.  Also have a look at the File Statistics to see if they are actually getting read.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report