Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capabilities on Navisworks Simulate

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Deioma
332 Views, 1 Reply

Capabilities on Navisworks Simulate

I am trying to open a site plan and place several buildings on it.  I have exported 3d DWG files from Revit.  I also Exported the building files as direct Navisworks files out of Revit.  I though I was going to be able to locate the buildings on the site in Navisworks Simulate. So I can see the whole site with the various buildings properly placed.

On my first attempt the site disapeared after placing the first Navisworks exported building.  So I started over.

Second attempt, I dragged and dropped 2 DWG files into Navis, The site and a building, and the were both visable.  Then I added a second building and the site disapeared. So  I selected the site in the selection tree and made it a single color.  It was still invisable.   So I started over.

Third try,  I dragged and dropped the site and all six buildings into Navis Simulate all at once and they looked fine.  Except one building was out of place.  I selected that building to move it but I don't see a move command.  It has been years since I woked on this stuff but I swear there used to be a move command.  How do I relocate buildings in Navis Simulate?

Also when I pan around in this model view, Everything disapears from most angles.  I have to view it from only limmited angles to see all of the models.  Why does the model disapear?

I have the Architectural suite on subscription.  Am I missing something? 

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Patrick_Aps_9121
in reply to: Deioma

No, you just need a bit more experience with the somtimes weird behaviour of Navisworks.

To move the one Building that is out of place, in the Selection Tree, Compact view, select the one File, Right mouse menu -> Units and transform. First of all check the units. A newly appended model might come in in the wrong units and so is a scale factor to small or big. If that is correct then use the coordinates to move it to the right location.
When all is appended correctly, save the NWF as models only. Then you might need to check the File Options (4th button on the Home bar). If hou have trouble with things dissappearing, switch of Automatic clipping planes and fill in fixed values yourself. These Values are in the units your NWF file is. After this is ok, SAVE your NWF file.
Then Create a first viewpoint, and after creating, select it in the Saved Viewpoints and Edit it with Right mouse
Also check the Collision settings there if a 3rd person has the right parameters.
Once this first Viewpoint is ok, set it as Home view in the ViewCube and save the NWF again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report