Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Service Pack 1 to Deployment

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
john.laidler
795 Views, 7 Replies

Add Service Pack 1 to Deployment

I have an existing deployment image of Navisworks 2010, for which I want to add the Service Pack to.
When I go to modify the deployment, I see no option to add this. Am I missing something, or does this option not exist as it does for other Autodesk applications?

Thanks for any help.
John Laidler
AutoCAD, Inventor and Vault

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
AndyG_ADSK
in reply to: john.laidler

Correct, the option does not exist. The service pack will need to be run after the deployment is installed.

Andy

Autodesk Employee

Message 3 of 8
john.laidler

Thats very inconvenient. Thanks for the update, but this is needed for future releases.
John Laidler

Message 4 of 8
AndyG_ADSK

If you want to describe the nature of inconvenience, that would be helpful. At this moment, we have no plans to add the option in for 2011.

Andy

Autodesk Employee

Message 5 of 8
john.laidler

I'm a CAD Manager for roughly 3,000 users. We roll out deployments silently and they get installed overnight.
It would be nice, like the other Autodesk applications, to be able to include the service packs into the deployment. Makes installation much easier.
John Laidler

Message 6 of 8
AndyG_ADSK

Is it not sufficient to run the service pack silently? Pass /S (note: Captial S, /s will not work) as the argument to the service pack executable.

For new installs, could you not create a batch script that first runs the deployment, then runs the service pack afterwards? A batch script to do this would look something like this:

pushd *setup.exe folder*
setup.exe /Script /Wait /Language en-US *deployment_inifile*
popd
service_pack.exe /S

Andy

Autodesk Employee

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

The question is not "is it not sufficient to do X Y Z workaround."

The question is why does the Navisworks team feel it's OK not to follow the same
higher and MUCh more convenient standard set by the rest of Autodesk's
applications?

Matt
matt@stachoni.com

On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 07:16:11 -0800, AndyG_ADSK <> wrote:

>Is it not sufficient to run the service pack silently? Pass /S (note: Captial S, /s will not work) as the argument to the service pack executable.
>
>For new installs, could you not create a batch script that first runs the deployment, then runs the service pack afterwards? A batch script to do this would look something like this:
>
>pushd *setup.exe folder*
>setup.exe /Script /Wait /Language en-US *deployment_inifile*
>popd
>service_pack.exe /S
>
>Andy
Message 8 of 8
AndyG_ADSK

Matt,

Our installer has a number of complexities not present in other Autodesk products that mean we cannot use the same service pack procedure. It is our desire to follow the standards of other Autodesk products but in some cases it is not possible.

Andy

Autodesk Employee

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report