Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ANIMATION EXPORT TO AVI ERROR

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1461 Views, 3 Replies

ANIMATION EXPORT TO AVI ERROR

Hi,

I am currently working on an animation set for boiler construction, and I am experiencing frustarting errors. I created all my scenes and have added Cameras to each scene. Everything works great in Navisworks the scenes all stay the way I set them when I go to replay the scene through Navisworks. Now That they are the way I want it I proceed to export the animation into an AVI. Once an AVI the object animation works great BUT, the camera animation changes to a view that was not set in navisworks. I have attached photos to help describe my situation, and provide more of an insight. Any solutions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dgorsman
in reply to: Anonymous

If the aspect ratio of your screen is not the same as your output, then any rendered image will differ slightly from what is on screen.  The bigger the difference in aspect ratio the bigger the difference in the output.  For example, I still use 4:3 monitors as I can't stand the shorter widescreens that our IT provides.  Most of my rendering is to 16:9 HD resolution.  So I render a lot of test stills to ensure the output will be what I want.  Picking a specific target for the camera will help keep the what you are focusing on centered in the image.

Oh, and AVI can have resolution restrictions depending on what CODEC is used.

Unless you are referring to something else?

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: dgorsman

Hi,

Thanks for the response, increasing the export resolution to the size of my monitor,(1680x1050) which worked. Unfortunately by doing so the file size became huge. It would be nice to use smaller resolution (i.e 9879x720, etc..) and still maintain my viewport animations the way it was set in navisworks.

Thanks,

Robert

Message 4 of 4
dgorsman
in reply to: Anonymous

You can also resize the Navisworks window to approximate the proportions of your output resolution.  Doesn't have to match pixel-for-pixel, just the proportions.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report