Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

navisworks datatools SQL string %prop('category','property')

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2871 Views, 5 Replies

navisworks datatools SQL string %prop('category','property')

Hi all, 

Under the cateroy "DWF-Pipe", i have two properties, for example, "LineNumber" and "Spec"

In my excel file, there is a field "name" which is the concatenation of "LineNumber" and "Spec"

However, i don't find any solution to write it in my SQL string.

The SQL string would be like:

SELECT * FROM entity_data WHERE "name"=concat(%prop("DWF - Pipe","LineNumber"),%prop("DWF - Pipe","Spec"))

I would like to be able to write something like that to:

SELECT * FROM entity_data WHERE "name" like %prop("DWF - Pipe","LineNumber")

But it seems that we can only match "name" to a property wich the exact same name.

Has any one faced the same issue?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Holger.Kloecker
in reply to: Anonymous

I am afraid what you are trying to do is not possible. 

The "Name" should always match to a property using the equal (=) operator. 

Typically this expression would include a Navisworks tag which fetches model data to participate in the condition);

SELECT weight FROM entity_data WHERE name=%prop('Item','Name');

This assumes a table called entity_data with two fields, weight and Name, where Name is the same as the Name of Items in the Navisworks model

Also see here:

http://beyonddesign.typepad.com/posts/2011/09/datatools-links.html

Holger Klöcker
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

You have to writte:

SELECT * FROM entity_data WHERE "name"= %join(%prop("DWF - Pipe","LineNumber"),%prop("DWF - Pipe","Spec"))
Message 4 of 6
austin.dumas

What about using an AND operator to match 2 fields?  I tried this and it doesn't seem to like it. The reason I need to use 2 fields is because some of the reference file element in the model I am opening have the same Element_ID.  meaning I have to match Element_ID AND reference file name.  Thoughts?  This is what I write and it isn't working...

SELECT * from [Equipment$] where "Element_ID"=%prop("Element ID", "Value") AND "DGN"=%prop("Item", "Source File");

Message 5 of 6

Hi, guys,
I'm trying to connect to a sql database on a personal server but I can't. Do you have any leads I can study to get the right information in?

Rémy MAURCOT
BIM Manager

Mon C.V.
Profil LinkedIn
Message 6 of 6
austin.dumas
in reply to: Remy_MAURCOT

Hi Remy,

Without knowing what you have tried so far, here is the query (SQL string) we use in DataTools to link to an SQL database (in DataTools, ODBC Driver = SQL Server). Note that you'll have to create a connection to every table housing data.  It can't be done in a single connection. In the example below, I am showing a single connection to one table in the database...

SELECT * FROM [H355025DataMart].[dbo].[NV_EQUIPMENT] WHERE "Mstn_ID" = %prop("Element ID", "Value") AND "Mstn_Filename" = %prop("Item", "Source File")

where;

H355025DataMart = SQL database

NV_EQUIPMENT = is the applicable table to pull from 

Mstn_ID = the column in the table with the unique identifier to match against Element ID value in Navisworks

Mstn_Filename = the column in the table with the filename to match against Item Source File in Navisworks

In our case we have a second connection to a table housing piping data. Subsitute NV_EQUIPMENT with NV_PIPING and the rest of the SQL query is the same.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Austin.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report