Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switchback: NW2013 to Revit2013

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
dennis
364 Views, 2 Replies

Switchback: NW2013 to Revit2013

Scenario:

In RMEP2013 I have a 3D view named: Navisworks, in the Coodination category, sub category named Export.  So it is view: Coodination/Export/Navisworks.  I export from RMEP to NW using this view. Then I select: Navisworks SwitchBack 2013.  Close the RVT project, keeping Revit open at the splash screen.  My NW is open all this time, but no files loaded.  I then open the exported NWC and select an object, such as an AHU.  I then select SwitchBack, Revit blinks a little, and then it rearranges my Browser, turns on things I had off, it does select the object but doesn't zoom to it.  Attached are three png showing the sequence: before switchback, after switchback and then the subsequent zoon I have to do.  These steps were from NW as an ortho view.  If I do it as a perspective, it will do the same thing but with a crop around the view.

Anyone else seeing this?  Any ideas for fixes?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
VWD-MLM
in reply to: dennis

Just for S***s and Giggles..........do you have Hardware Acceleration Checked "on"...........I've seen some 'strange' goings on with HA activated on some machines.

Just a thought.

Mike

Michael L. Maloney
Virtual World Designs
VDC & BIM Model Design, Clash & Coordination
mike@VirtualWorldDesigns.com
BDSU 2015, 2016
Charlotte, NC ; Fort Mill, SC
Message 3 of 3
dennis
in reply to: dennis

Ran with the HardwareAccl setting: Tried with HA on in both products, then on in one but not the other, vice versa, and then off on both.  Same results.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report