Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steel Member Sizes not showing up

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
blstuckey05
2198 Views, 6 Replies

Steel Member Sizes not showing up

To anyone that can help me,

We are using Navisworks Simulate 2011 to view our model. Currently the steel member size does not show up in the properties. The steel modeling software is Bentley Structural V8 which is Triforma. The Triforma tab in Navisworks olny gives us the Member ID, Family, and Part.

Is there any way to edit the properties to show the steel member size? Or do I have to do somethin different with the Bentley Structural file.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Bryan

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
dennis
in reply to: blstuckey05

When you select a steel member, look in the SelectionTree: is it at the top level of the object or at a child level?  You may be seeing the properties of the Solid that makes up the steel member.  With Revit objects, generally, setting "Set Resolution to Top Object" seems to work the best.  You can globally set the value in the Options/Interface/Selection" by picking Resolution=First Object.

Message 3 of 7
blstuckey05
in reply to: dennis

Dennis,

Thank you for the reply. When I select on an element it is at the child level.

I also tried setting the Resolution to first object, but the member size still did not show up in the properties.

The Triforma tab in the Properties window has the Bentley Structural Member ID, Family, and Part. I was hoping there was a way to edit what information you can pull from the Bentley Structural file, but I can not find anything on what information it pulls from the model file.

Thank you for the help.

Bryan

Message 4 of 7
dennis

Another place to check: Options/File Readers/DGN and insure the Convert Triforma Data is checked.  That is about it that I can think of, so hope that helps.  I guess the other thing to address would be, are you reading the DGN directly or are you receiving a NWC as an export from Triforma?  If you are receiving just the NWC, it may be the way it is being exported.

Message 5 of 7
blstuckey05
in reply to: dennis

No, unfortunately that did not work either. I am going to submit a ticket and see if they can figure it out.

Thank you for the help.

Message 6 of 7
eric_eckels

Hi,

Has this question been resolved? I'm having the same issue with duct sizes not showing in Navisworks. The models are from Bentley Mechnical.

Thanks

Eric

Message 7 of 7
blstuckey05

No I didn't get any other answers on it. We are currently looking into getting Navisworks 2013. Maybe they have it fixed in that version. But as of now, no I do not have a fix for it.

Sorry.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report