Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sluggish User Interface NWManage 2014

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
dennis
445 Views, 4 Replies

Sluggish User Interface NWManage 2014

This is terrible.  Even in a blank environment, highlighting a cube corner will take a couple of seconds, then when I select it, it can take 30 seconds to respond.  The Interface will shift around during the view change...the ribbon will shift upwards, then shift again voiding out the quick-acces bar area, then will shift back down and then finally finish its process.  Selecting objects take quite a well to register.  I have reinstalled, offed hardware accl, and check graphics driver.

Any one else having this or have a possible solution?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
MrJonny
in reply to: dennis

I have also noticed a frustratingly slow response time in the UI of Navisworks 2014

Message 3 of 5
Patrick_Aps_9121
in reply to: MrJonny

Is your model on your local hard drive or somewhere on the (slow) net ?

Try playing arond with the options

-> Selection -> First Object (last Object)

-> Display -> Drivers: is everything selected there ?

-> Display -> AutoDesk -> Materials and MSAA level

Try if makes any difference.

Message 4 of 5
MrJonny
in reply to: Patrick_Aps_9121

It's not a problem with the graphics, it's the user interface. Opening folders of selection sets, clicking through viewpoints, collapsing schedules in timeliner all have a noticeable and sometimes considerable lag after control input. It's a problem i've encountered on multiple computers.

Message 5 of 5
dennis
in reply to: dennis

Lotta troubleshooting and try this try that.  I think, and this is a guess, but I think I got it fixed.  I uninstalled/reinstalled .NET4.5.  I rebooted and found WindowsOS updates and let those install.  Then a clean uninstall/reinstall and now it is performing as I would expect.

Again, pure guess there that what I am saying above fixed it because I also reinstalled my graphics driver in the course of troubleshooting, changed some settings back and forth in MSConfig, etc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report