Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Instance Parameter to Navisworks

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
greggbehmer
4998 Views, 2 Replies

Revit Instance Parameter to Navisworks

I have created a shared instance parameter in Revit grouped under Identity Data that I would like to establish search sets on in Navisworks.  However, the instance parameter doesn't appear to have come through in Navisworks in any format that I have tried rvt, nwd, dwf.  Are there any Navisworks settings that will allow shared instance parameters to import?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
john.lipp
in reply to: greggbehmer

Hi greggbehmer

The property should be listed in the element tab (category) of properties.

Try selecting a level higher in the selection tree. By default, when you select in the view, it will select the last object rather than first object.  The property information would be on the first object level.  Try setting the selection resolution to First Object.

I've attached a family I added a shared instance parameter to. Here is a screenshot of an exported project I added an instance of the family to.

screenshotfamily.png

Message 3 of 3
greggbehmer
in reply to: john.lipp

Thanks John.  I still couldn't see the parameter I needed, but the fact that you showed me it would come through convinced me I was making a mistake so I did a few more tests.  Even though the parameter was in Revit I hadn't assigned a value to the parameter yet for any elements.  That's why it wasn't showing up in Navisworks.  After I assigned a value to the parameter it showed up!  Thanks for the screen shot and the description for selection resolution.  That helped.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report