Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quantification Catalog Creation Template - OVERFLOW

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
amitdayan
1327 Views, 5 Replies

Quantification Catalog Creation Template - OVERFLOW

Hi,

I'm trying to use the aformentioned file for generating a fairly large quantification catalouge.

it seems that once my catalouge exceeds approx 16,000 lines it just won't export, showing the errorbox "Overflow" (see printscreen).

any solution for this one?

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Ususaly the answer to "Overflow" and "out of memory" issues is to try to do the task on an 64 bits machine using the 64 bits version of Navisworks.
Message 3 of 6
amitdayan
in reply to: amitdayan

the creation template is an excel based file. (does not run on navisworks but produces an xml to be imported by navisworks)

anyway- the machine (and office version) is 64 bit.

Message 4 of 6
amitdayan
in reply to: amitdayan

couldnt figure out a solution for this one, so what i've eventually done was figure out navisworks xml schema for quantification's catalog and write a macro of my own to generate a xml that will suit my company.

Message 5 of 6

Thanks for reporting this issue. Our development team has resolved this with an updated versioin of the catalog creation template. We'll be publishing the updated template on http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/navisworks-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-... in due course. 

In the meantime I've also attached it to this thread. 

Thomas Schwaiger
Product Manager
Autodesk

Tags (2)
Message 6 of 6

Hy everyone

I am finding some trouble using the spreadsheet.

Does anyone have any instructions for using it.

I mean, the procedure to generating a valid xml file of the catalog created.

I want to use it to generate a masterformat catalog to put into navisworks quantification.

Thanks

Borja

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report