Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QAT & Ribbon Issues in NW Manage 2011

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Bill.Knittle
1033 Views, 8 Replies

QAT & Ribbon Issues in NW Manage 2011

I was tinkering around with the QAT and the Ribbon in Navisworks Manage 2011 and noticed that when the I moved the QAT below the Ribbon, it disappeared completely but, the Panel Titles are still visible. When I restore the Ribbon to its Default setup, the QAT docks next to the Application Menu and the Panel Titles disappear. The Panel Titles are on but, they do not display unless I drag them into the scene.
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
susan_tate
in reply to: Bill.Knittle

Hi Bill,

If you have a Subscription contract then you can log this as a bug through the Subscription Center, http://subscription.autodesk.com.

However, if not, please let me know which operating system you are using, and I will test it and log a bug accordingly.

Thanks very much for raising it as an issue.

Susan Tate

Susan Tate

Principal Engineer

Message 3 of 9
Bill.Knittle

Susan,

When I first installed NM 2011, the Ribbon and QAT worked fine. This problem occured between Tuesday and Wednesday. The only thing I did differently between then and now was switch NM back and forth between classic and standard mode. Not sure if that caused the problem. But, I do not believe it's a bug because I uninstalled and reinstalled to make sure. Now, I did not do a complete uninstall.

I tested it on a colleague's machine and it worked fine.

After I made this post, I noticed that if I reduced the ribbon to Panel Titles, I could see a glimpse of the QAT if it was pushed below the ribbon. It appears that the height of the area allocated for the Ribbon is not adapting properly for these interface customizations or the scene window is obscurring it. I attached an image file of the ribbon reduced.

I am running Windows 7 64 Bit on a Dell Precision M6400 with a NVIDIA Quadro FX3700M graphics card.

On top of this, I had to copy the VCOMP90.dll file from the downloaded media to my windows systems folder to eliminate an area when launching NM. This happened to me in NM 2010 as well.
Message 4 of 9
susan_tate

Hi Bill,

Thanks for that. We will do some further testing based on the additional information that you have provided. In the meantime, I hope you have managed to restore your workspace to the correct state.

Kind regards, Susan

Susan Tate

Principal Engineer

Message 5 of 9
Bill.Knittle

Is there a registry key that controls the dimensions of the QAT/Ribbon Area?
Message 6 of 9
susan_tate

Hi Bill,

No there isn't. If you are having trouble restoring your ribbon then I would suggest that you delete two files from your documents and settings directory, and see if that helps:

- delete LastSession.xml (typical path on XP is C:\Documents and Settings\your user name\Application Data\Autodesk Navisworks Manage 2011\LastSession.xml)
- delete LastRibbonState.xml (typical path on XP is C:\Documents and Settings\your user name\Application Data\Autodesk Navisworks Manage 2011\RibbonState\LastRibbonState.xml)

Restart Manage - hopefully the ribbon will be restored correctly.

Regards, Susan

Susan Tate

Principal Engineer

Message 7 of 9

Hello, I too have a Dell M6400 with an Nvidia Quadro graphics card.  I have the same issue as Bill - no panel titles with the QAT on top in Navisworks 2011

Message 8 of 9
baixiaobx

Thank you for your question.

It looks like a known issue about windows DPI setting. In Windows7 and Vista, user can set custom text size (DPI), but Navisworks 2011 doesn't support such setting. You have to use the default size (100%) to open Navisworks.

This issue will be fixed in Navisworks 2011 Service Pack and future release. You can update your Navisworks later to see if this can solve your problem.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Bill Bai
SW Team Lead
AEC
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 9 of 9
Bill.Knittle
in reply to: baixiaobx

Bill,

I installed SP1 today and my ribbon and QAT are functioning normally. Good job guys!!!

On another note, I cannot locate the Subscription Advantage Pack for Autodesk Navisworks 2011 up on Subscription Center. I see the videos and links from the Navisworks Support page and Beyond the Paper blog but, no Pack on SC!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report