Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with timeliner simulation export

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
sabatierae
1631 Views, 7 Replies

Problem with timeliner simulation export

Hi

I try to realize a timeliner animation and export it (.avi file).

When I run the animation inside naviswork it works as I want but when I save it and run it in vlc I have something weird (see attachment)..

I tried to change some options but always the same result..

Any ideas?

Thank!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Jean.Goyat
in reply to: sabatierae

Codec issues with exporting directly form Naviswoks. The best practice is to export frames (PNG) indivually and rebuild the movie using movie maker for example.
Message 3 of 8
sabatierae
in reply to: Jean.Goyat

Thank I'll try that!
Message 4 of 8
preetesh
in reply to: Jean.Goyat

Hi Guys,

Here the samples of simulation i tried to export . the simulation is not seen happening when exported. The whole model is seen throughout the simulation in the export.

Thank you,

Message 5 of 8
lemanhkha1
in reply to: preetesh

I have the same problem. When I export timeliner with animation. The whole model always appear all the time. But when I remove all of animation in timeliner , whole model didn't appear at the start of simulation.  Have anyone help me that error. Thank you.

Message 6 of 8
preetesh
in reply to: lemanhkha1

Hi,

We have put the query on the Autodesk technical team, haven't received any solution yet.
Alternate solution given by them was to downgrade the Navisworks file to 2015 version n then export the simulation.
The simulation has exported quite well expect the color coding which I gave for our pouring sequence in the simulation doesn't apper.
Waiting for a satisfactory solution from Autodesk team. Hoping for best,

Thank you,

Regards,

PREETESH M
BIM Coordinator
SOBHA ENGINEERING & CONTRACTING LLC
Contact No : +971 557400313
Disclaimer: This e-mail including any attachments is confidential and is intended solely for the use of the named individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, please return it to sender and delete it immediately. Unauthorized distribution or copy of this email by the non indented recipient is strictly prohibited. This e-mail and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other defect, however, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and SOBHA Group accepts no liability for any loss of data or damage arising in any way from its use.
Message 7 of 8
lemanhkha1

It's work like a charm 🙂

That is the best solution for me now. I have just install Naviswork version 2015 and successful export timeliner without error.

Thank you so much PREETESH M.

Message 8 of 8
lemanhkha1

Dear PREETESH M

After one month thinking about Exporting Timeline Animation on Navisworks 2016 and 2017, I discovered the cause of this problem.

I use "Save Search" to sets element on Set Manager that is the reason of the problem.  When I transfer all set by search to " Save Selection" everything will be fine. I don't know why but I very happy when I can export Timliner with 4k resolution on Naviswork 2016 or 2017 without any problem.

Please confirm with Autodesk technical team if it is necessary.

Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report