Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Presenter deleted in Navisworks 2015?

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
mourad.bencheikh
5444 Views, 15 Replies

Presenter deleted in Navisworks 2015?

Hi evry one,

Can some one confirme that Autodesk deleted the Presenter engine from Navisworks on the 2015 realase!? If it is the case, is there a way to get it back? ( a trick, a pluguin to copy from the 2014 version root folder...etc.!?)

thank's for any help

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
dgorsman
in reply to: mourad.bencheikh

Nope - completely gone.  But its not all bad.  Using the common AutoDesk materials and rendering system offloads development costs, allowing the Navisworks development team to focus on their core proficiencies.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 16
andy_brack
in reply to: dgorsman

In previous verison of NW (2014), the there was a bug where the viewpoint could not switch from Perspective mode to Orthographic Mode. The Orthographic button is grayed out. In NW 2014, the fix was to switch from Autodesk Render to Presenter on the Home tab > Tools.

Now that Presenter is gone, has anyone seen a fix for this bug in 2015?  Am having the exact same issue.

The thread for the issue in NW 2014 is here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Navisworks-General/Navisworks-2014-No-Orthographic-View/td-p/4308782

Any help is appreciated,

Andy Brack

Message 4 of 16
wyans
in reply to: andy_brack

Apparently, the orthographic view will not work when the "Sun" is activated.  You can turn it off in the Autodesk Rendering toolbox.

Message 5 of 16
andy_brack
in reply to: wyans

Thanks, that did the trick!

Message 6 of 16

Anyone got any suggestions how I add images to my background. This was easy using Presenter

Message 7 of 16

I understand ADSK trying to cut costs by only supporting one rendering option but they seemed to have gone backwards in what is now being offered. It is not possible to add background to my navisworks models. A typical rendered view took 20 minutes 30 seconds (then crashed) to complete in 2015 Manage The same view took less than 8 seconds in Simulate 2012 using Presenter. The quality of the 2015 version was useless (see attached).

Please do not even mention using the Cloud for rendering as all of our clients forbid it.

Reseller tells me to use Showcase. (not supplied with in Product Design Suite Ultimate 2015) which would mean exporting to .a3s format before rendering.

Still cannot find how to create a background. I douby it will create animations, so now will be looking at 3D Max which looks like a beast of a program.

Please bring back Presenter...... it might not have been the best rendering package available, but it was a one stop shop. 

Message 8 of 16

Thats a little odd - in testing I had much better quality in less time than Presenter.  That was even after screwing around with the various new render settings trying to get it to break.

I'd certainly wouldn't argue against the ability to drop in a background image, although from where I'm at its time to start looking at more "professional" methods of image compositing and movie production.

Message 9 of 16
khama_69
in reply to: mourad.bencheikh

I have downloaded a trial version of Navisworks 2015. I must admit I don't like it one bit! I found the rendering way too chunky and cumbersome, the deletion of presenter and materials was criminal, not being able to add backgrounds to scenes is also criminal. Don't like the interface at all. Global options are very confusing and display options are flawed. I have used Navisworks 2012 for years and found rendering and materials, including lighting, were far superior to this version. I will NOT be purchasing this product until the presenter is re-instated and some sanity comes back to this product. Sorry Autodesk, but you have gone way backwards on this 2015 package. AWFUL!!

Message 10 of 16
Christian1001
in reply to: khama_69

hmmmm 

We used the presenter to quick color our pdms rvm file converted to navis. We had a UDA für pdms with the correct material code and a presenter rule to color it to the according material code. Took us 5 sec to color the Model like we wanted.

Just had a quick look at Navisworks 2015 and can'T see anything to define rules for the Elements. Like all sites with Attribute XYZ set get Material Code ABC.

So could someone please explain me how the easiest way is to place materials on the Elements. Guess it's not drag and drop now hopefully.

Anyone?

Message 11 of 16

There is a new thing called the Appearance Profiler. This allows you to define Queries (Selection Sets) and Rules how the objects found by the query should be displayed. Every property available (including the PDMS data) can be queried.
Message 12 of 16

thanks alot for this tip. That should work for me 🙂

Made some Tests and results are fine

Message 13 of 16

one last thing. Is it possible to load a saved .dat file with the colour rules as default with the start of navisworks.

Message 14 of 16

I'm not sure, but my guess it that you would need Automation to do that.
Message 15 of 16

Now that Presenter has gone and we all have to get used to Autodesk Rendering:

How do i display pre 2013-Files that have been saved with Presenter Materials in the newer Versions ?

Do i have to do all the Material Settings again in Autodesk Rendering ?

I saved 2012-NWFs as 2012-NWDs and opened them in the 2015, but the Presenter Material Settings are not displayed. 

Message 16 of 16
dgorsman
in reply to: stefansikora

That's correct - they have to be redone.  A mild annoyance at best, with good model structure and some judicious use of search sets its pretty fast.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report