Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Fittings in Navisworks

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
2255 Views, 4 Replies

Pipe Fittings in Navisworks

Hello,

I am having a very difficult time trying to find out why I cannot see any of my pipe fittings.

The Pipe layout is being created in Revit 2013.  I am attempting to open the native Revit File with Navisworks Simulate 2013.  The Pipe runs seem fine however all of the pipe fittings ( Elbows, T's etc) do not show up correctly in Navisworks.

Can you suggest a Solution?

Thank you for your time,

Joe

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Joe,

This is a know issue for loading the RVT antive file.  The best way (and only) to see fittings of any kind is to export to nwc out of Revit.

Mike

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks for your reply Mike.

So it is my understanding I will need to load in the NWC Exporter Utility since it has not yet been loaded on my system.

Is that correct for Revit 2013?

Thanks

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Assuming that you installed NW AFTER Revit , the nwc exporter should have been placed on the Addin Tab>External Tools>Navisworks 2013.  If you installed NW then Revit, Just do a repair/reinstall of NW, and make sure the exporter is checked, and it should take care of it.

HTH.

Mike

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Very Helpful Mike.

Thanks.

In addition for other readers we had to download and install the Exporter Utility for Navisworks, from Autodesk.  This created the Add-In Tab inside of Revit that you mentioned above.  We now have the ability to export a NWC. (Navisworks Cache File) from Revit. 

The NWC. File shows the Fittings that I could not see prior.

SOLVED!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report