Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phases in Navisworks

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
joris
14493 Views, 5 Replies

Phases in Navisworks

I'm working with Revit and with Navisworks.

In Revit I've added a lot of phases to my elements. Now I want to use those phases also in Navisworks to add those elements in a easy way to my timeline.

Is this possible?

When I look to the properties of a Revit element, I don't find the property 'phase'.

It also means that it's not possible to make sets based on that property?

Is there a work-around?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dennis
in reply to: joris

When you export the NWC file, check your Navisworks Settings.  You will want to "Convert Element IDs", "Convert element parameters = ALL", and "Convert element properties".  Then when you check the properties in NW, you will see FOR SOME OBJECTS a tab for the Phase.  I have notice however, that not all objects will pick up the Phases they were created in.  Example: in my electrical models, the conduit shows the phase, while the panels do not.

Message 3 of 6
joris
in reply to: dennis

I've changed the export settings, and now I get more information about the elements in Navisworks.

But still, I don't get the information about the phases into Navisworks. Is it because I've just a Generic Model in Revit?

I'll attach my Revit-file.

Message 4 of 6
dennis

Check some of the parameters/properties within Revit of the objects.  Do you see a Phase value?

Message 5 of 6
joris
in reply to: dennis

No Phase property to find in Navisworks...

Message 6 of 6
Sushichump

Check your selection resolution. If you open your selection tree, try grabbing the elements from a different part of the model hierarchy. You should get more columns than just the three that are shown in your image.

Cheers,

Scott

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report