Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nwcout

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
443 Views, 2 Replies

Nwcout

^C^C_filedia^M0^M_nwcout^M^M_filedia^M1

I am using this macro/command to Automatically cancel any active commands, change dialog pop-up box to OFF, create a NWcache file, save the nwc file with the same name as the dwg name, change the dialog pop-up box to ON. (end of command)

Problem:  Sometimes the exporter places the nwc file in the last place I pulled an Xref from, instead of the same file location as the dwg.  Sometimes it works perfectly. 

Any ideas how to make the .nwc save without dialog box. 

Saving elsewhere or renaming the file on the fly is not important for me.

I have noticed that opening dwgs from the windows explorer is part of the problem.  If I open the dwg from AutoCAD Dialog box it helps, as long as I don’t exref anything into my dwg.  I cannot work on two dwgs at the same time in different locations.  All nwcs will be place in the file location of the first file opened in AutoCAD or the location of the last exref pulled into my dwg.  Any thoughts on how to modify this?

HELP!  My short cut is turning into a hindrance.  

Should I add this to wishlist for 2016?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Luis_Natareno
in reply to: Anonymous

I have the same issue.  We have our working file in one location and when i save the DWG to a different location using saveas. When i create the NWC after saving the file in new location it saves the NWC in the original folder but if i save as to new location and close file then open the file from new location it will save NWC in correct folder.

I have not figured out how to fix this but I will Reply to this post when i do.

Just wanted you to know why its saving to a different folder for you.

Message 3 of 3
Luis_Natareno
in reply to: Anonymous

You can create a lisp and then create a button to use your lisp and this will save your NWC file in the same location you have your DWG no mater if you save as to a different folder it will create it in the location you have your file when you make your NWC file.

(defun c:nw ()

(setvar "filedia" 0)

(command "nwcout" (strcat (getvar 'DwgPrefix) (vl-filename-base(getvar 'DwgName)))); nwcout as same file name in same folder)

(setvar "filedia" 1)

(princ))

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report