Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navisworks ungrouped clashes

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dfaircloth927
514 Views, 3 Replies

Navisworks ungrouped clashes

I just started having this problem with navis and other trades seem to think the way I'm saving my model to be reloaded in Navis is causing this issue.

I have two running files. One is my model where I make the initial changes which also holds all my dimensions, elevations, and tags. One is an upload drawing to post to a sharefile site for other trades, this file also gets reloaded into Navis.

Steps I take.

1) I go through the model in Navis and figure out what clashes I'm going to fix.

2) I make these changes in my model which holds my dimensions, elevations, and tags.

3) After I have resolved all the clashes I will save this file.

4) After saving the file I go through and strip the drawing of unneeded information such as xrefs, dimensions, elevations, and tags.

5) I then resave this drawing in another folder with a different name specific for upload. This is my running upload file that always holds the same name but gets overwritten when saved.

6) The running upload file that is striped of all unwanted information is the same file that gets reloaded into navis works.

I update all clashes and the clashes that I manually approved and grouped are showing up as new clashes and not grouped anymore.

The steps I have taken above. Would this cause Navis to ungrouped clashes or detect new clashes that were approved previously?

I wouldn't think that Navis would think its new geometry or a new file all together because its holds the same file name.

I do save navis NWF files and just update this one file as new models get uploaded.

Like I said I have never had any problems in the past with the above steps taken.

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
IanBadcoe
in reply to: dfaircloth927

Hi,

What version of Navisworks are you using?  Also, what format of file is it that you are saving, and what program are you saving it from?

If you are using 2014, then there is an issue we have been working on where DWG or DWF files exported from applications where those are not the native file format have had this problem.

Whatever sort of files they are, is it possible that you could share them with us (in confidence) as we are attempting to fix this for 2014 SP1 and the more examples we can get, the more sure we can be that it is fully fixed.

If you can share the files, then what we would need would be:

1) two different versions of the same file, so that we can see clash results changing between the two

2) if the model is very large, some idea of where in the model we need to look to find problem items

Thanks,

Ian

Message 3 of 4
dfaircloth927
in reply to: IanBadcoe

We are using Navisworks 2013 and AutoCAD MEP 2013.

After we have purged the model in CAD MEP 2013 we save it as a dwg with a specific name that way when we post drawings other trades can over write the old file with the new one and reload directly into Navisworks and of course we save a main navis file as NWF.

As long as other trades are good with me posting there model here which shouldnt be a problem but i just want to make sure.

I can provide the main NWF with clashes already grouped together. I can also provide each trades dwg for you to load into navis. When it loads you will of course have to redirect the dwgs back to navis. After doing this I'm sure in the clash detection it will show that the clashes need to be updated. Once you update all clashes then you will notice that some of the groups went from approved to new. 

Let me know if you are still intrested in looking into this. I will get with other trades and make sure they are good with me sharing there file and find a way to get you everything you need.

Is there a maximum upload size limit?

thanks,

Message 4 of 4
IanBadcoe
in reply to: dfaircloth927

Hi,

I will PM you with details...

Ian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report