Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navisworks stereo 3d

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
jasonbayer7965
2887 Views, 21 Replies

Navisworks stereo 3d

I am trying to get the stereo to work on navisworks witht he discover (red/cyan) glasses.  I have enabled my stereo view for my Nvidia quadro 4000, and running the tests from the Nvidia control panel works fine.  The problem is, the Navisworks stereo button never becomes enalbed.  I have tried to reduce my resolution, and tried multiple settings within the Nvidia control panel.

Nothing seems to do it.  I have scoured the internet looking for any information about this, but am coming up empty.  Can anyone tell me if they have gotten the red/blue 3d anaglyph to work on Navis?

21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22
Anonymous
in reply to: jasonbayer7965

Can I enable stereo and view it with my Google Pixel XL Daydream or Cardboard?

Message 22 of 22

Dear Merijn

We are trying to do a similar configuration as the one you have posted.  

We are using Navisworks Manager  2017 as well as Navisworks freedom 2017 and Navsworks freedom 2014.

We have a Nvidia quadro fx5800. Also we have tried with a Nvidia quadro M2000 running on a machine with Win10.

We have a two Barco F35 projectors and two dual dvi cables and DPL link glasses

We have configured the Nvidia control panel as following:

Manage 3D settings and in global settings select 3D app Global settings, Program Settings tab  for Navisworks (Roamer.exe),  Enable Stereo -  ON. display mode in the Nvidia Control panel to "3D DLP Projector"

We also have configured de Navisworks by disabling  the directx driver (in settings of naviswork -> options - drivers : select an open GL driver). We have leave only Openg GL driver, but also have tested any possible configuration of OpenGL (Autodesk) directX, and OpenGl hardware

In the best of the cases, we can activate the stereo button on Navisworks. If we only activate OpenGl by hardware we can see Left and Right at the same time (overlapped) and we can use the stereo control to adjust disparity and depth of the overlapped images. But using the glasses we cannot get any stereo projection working. Using the glasses we still continue seeing two overlapped images. We also have adjusted the resolution and checking that Barco F35 is receiving images a 120Hz.  If we left both Open GL (autodesk and hardware), we still have activated the Stereo button, but when selected, we alternate between left and right images, but still not stereo with the glasses.

We would like to know how you fixed this issues. 

Regards

Ivan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report