Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navisworks not showing attribute information

26 REPLIES 26
Message 1 of 27
mindcore
7334 Views, 26 Replies

Navisworks not showing attribute information

Hi guys,

when I open a DWG file with Naviswoks everything works fine, but the information contained in the attributes is not picked up only the Attribute name. For example I have a attribute called "tagname" that contains "MC210", when the file is openned in Navisworks, I can only see "tagname". I've checked if there where OE errors, but nothing comes up.

Thanks for your help in advance.

26 REPLIES 26
Message 21 of 27
smbrennan
in reply to: Ludovic73

Sad that Autodesk doesn't monitor their forums - I'm sure this is an easy coding change. The data is there, it just needs to be told to transfer from AutoCAD to Navisworks. I am trying to accomplish the same thing, and this is 3 years after the first post.  Has anyone logged this as a feature request? These features will never get seen by anyone who can do anything about it until it is "officially" submitted.  Use this link:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

I just submitted mine.

As a (lame) but easy workaround, consider this:

Place all of your equipment & populate the attributes

Use the BURST command on the blocks - essentially the same as EXPLODE, but retains all current information, such as layers and attributes (meaning, any geometry within the block that was on layer 0, will now be on the layer which the block was assigned to, and attributes will turn into text - maintaining justification settings).

Edit: I realize this defeats the purpose of blocks - but it's an easy workaround if you already have your work completed for blocks - or if it's simply easier to fill out the information first as a block.

Shawn B.

||    
To help improve Autodesk Products, please Click Here to Vote for ideas and submit your own.
Message 22 of 27
yama21250
in reply to: mindcore

Is there no solution to this yet? It seems the question has been asked on many forums, some as far back as 10 years ago, but there is still no solution.

Message 23 of 27
mtk73
in reply to: MOLGRAND

I can confirm that the suggested settings will allow the values set for the attributes to show in the Properties dialog.  The step required is to change the Selection Resolution pulldown to  First Object.  This pulldown is located at the bottom of the Select & Search area of the Home tab of the ribbon.  On my system I had to expand the Select & Search area to find the pulldown.

Obviously this isn't a complete fix, but it does help until Autodesk decides to fix this.

Matt

Message 24 of 27
BalajiBBI
in reply to: smbrennan

Thanks for the temporary fix. Sadly no solutions yet!
Message 25 of 27
BalajiBBI
in reply to: smbrennan

This is how I experienced the problem for a 2D Autodesk AutoCAD DWG drawing while appending to a Navisworks NWF.

Left is the native DWG opened in Autocad and right is how it is displayed in Navisworks.

AutoCAD Block Reference Attributes Display Issue in Navisworks.png

Message 26 of 27
hanslammerts
in reply to: BalajiBBI

This discussion started 6 years ago !! One reason Autodesk community pages are not my first resource for these kind of questions 😞

Any change this will be dealed with in the years to come? I'm really starting to think improvement on native DWG support delibarately being addressed for reasons i keep for myself. Maybe the next release of DWG 2018 will make this possible.

Message 27 of 27
Bryn
in reply to: hanslammerts

It would be beneficial to have the attribute values embedded in the objects so you could use the Find tool on the objects attribute values and then save as Search Sets.

A major restriction and makes blocks functionality in Navisworks almost irrelevant.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report