Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navisworks lighitng changes object color??

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
728 Views, 2 Replies

Navisworks lighitng changes object color??

I am trying to change a Revit file's color of some object's in Navisworks - i exported this file from Revit to a NWC and loaded in Navis...

Now, some of the walls came in "black" while many of the other objects stayed a "color" grey, blue, green, etc...

The objects that came in black, I cannot change the color of UNLESS i change the "lighting" to "FULL LIGHTS"... then the correct color displays. If I change it back to scene ligthing or headlights, the color disappears and the objects (not all of them) are dispalyed in either black or white... both of these ligthing settings do NOT display the "shadowing" on these objects, but do so on the other objects in the same file.

All the other Revit objects come in fine, it is just the interior partition walls that is giving me trouble. I personally like to use the "scene lighting" when working in Navisworks but may not be able to?

I would think this is unrelated to the issues when inporting an ACAD file and it comes in black, and you have to go into presenter and delete "by layer" ....my issue does not seem related to this atll since I am importing an NWC file made directly from Revit.

It is only impacting some of the objects in the file (interior walls) and not the rest of the building. I can change colors of the exterior walls, ceilings, etc with no problems whatsoever.

This is the first time I have come across this and am stumped!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you tried using the NWOPT command in revit and seeing what the options for file export are set to? What happens if you open the Revit file in NavisWorks instead of creating the NWC in Revit? Do you get the same issue?

Message 3 of 3
Vincent.Hu
in reply to: Anonymous

What is the Navisworks version you are using? Would you like to provide the sample file and screensoots  to let me reproduce it.

Thanks,

Vincent

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report