Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navisworks Simulate window covered by walk bitmap?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
wayne.deegan
450 Views, 5 Replies

Navisworks Simulate window covered by walk bitmap?

Has anyone ever seen this before, when I open a Navisworks file in simulate 2013 and now 2014 the whole window is blocked by what looks like the bitmap for the walk command although reversed, Bizarre!!!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
cathyprasad
in reply to: wayne.deegan

I've seen it before http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Navisworks/Navisworks-Manage-2012-Graphics-problem/td-p/39466... , but have no clue how to fix it.  I opened Navisworks twice today with the egg men, before I opened with a good screen.   I didn't know that the egg men was a walk bitmap -- that's interesting. 

Message 3 of 6
wayne.deegan
in reply to: cathyprasad

I managed to get rid of it by turning off hardware acceleration, if you go to the Navisworks Application Button-options-interface-display and untick the hardware acceleration box, the feet/eggmen should disappear immediately. I don't know why this is or what effect this will have on performance but I am working away without any problems so far.

Message 4 of 6
JPBrady

To quote AutoDESK customer support "If it goes away when hardware acceleration is disabled it would confirm that it's likely related to the graphics card" they recommend updating your graphics card drivers....

Message 5 of 6
wayne.deegan
in reply to: JPBrady

I was told the same thing by a guy who sits across from me so I updated my graphics card drivers but the problem persists when hardware acceleration is enabled.

Message 6 of 6
cathyprasad

Thank you!  Turning off hardware acceleration worked for me.  Oddly enough, I can turn it back on, but the eggman/bitmap does not reappear. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report