Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navisworks Simulate Export

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mshoffman
805 Views, 2 Replies

Navisworks Simulate Export

Hello.  I am working on a simulation export out of navisworks using Presenter.  The settings for the export are PNG Explicit 1320x830, source is timeliner simulation, renderer is presenter.  If try using these settings even doing a rendered image single frame with presenter Navisworks is getting hung up.  If i render out the entire simulation in viewport it takes less than 15 minutes.  The second i switch to presenter it gets hung.  I started an export on Friday at 3pm to send out using presenter.  I came into work this morning and it was still at 0% and preprocessing.  The machine was on a fresh restart, has 24GB of RAM and was only using 3.5GB for Navisworks.  Anyone have any ideas why presenter would get hung up on a export?  Even as a still image it is getting hung up in simulate mode.  I can render a still image just fine outside of Simulate. Please help!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pskdude
in reply to: mshoffman

I just started another thread, im also having the same issue with presenter. I made it to about 30% i would say and i get hung up as well. If i try and cancel i have to crash the scene and restart. Also my timeliner settings and animation presets get restarted even when saving it. So frustrating after so much spent on this software. 

Message 3 of 3
lamensterms
in reply to: pskdude

One thing to try would be to set the RAM usage limit in Global Options>Performance?Memory Limit.

Sometimes when this setting is set on 'auto'... Navisworks seems to think there is more RAM available than there actually is.  Restricting the RAM available to Navisworks forces the program to manage it's memory consumption in a different manner.  I am no Navisworks tech, this is just an observation I have made.

My PC has 8gig of RAM, and I limit Navisworks to 6.5gig (6500mb).

Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report